PDA

View Full Version : 97 sto fs

scottieb
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
old school STO. very much stock and very much mint. not a scratch on it. you will find scratches on the reg however. original barrel and bolt. also have an otp g1 slingshot (if you don't want it, i'll keep it). benchmark trigger frame.

gun is in excellent condition both cosmetically and functionally. quick, snappy trigger pull. sold sold sold i'll cover shipping.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t9/scottieb_album/storightprofile-1.jpg

if you'd like more pics, please let me know. ask questions if you have them. cheers . . ..

turtlecocker
04-29-2007, 02:08 AM
hmmm.. you sure its not a 98 ???? i didnt know there was a 97 it kinda looks like my 98

rmartuszewski
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I have been looking for one of those for awhile. Would you take any trades plus cash?

scottieb
05-01-2007, 06:03 AM
hmmm.. you sure its not a 98 ???? i didnt know there was a 97 it kinda looks like my 98

serial # 34155. and yes, you could buy sto's in 97.

and rmartuszewski, you have a pm. cheers . . ..

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks PM'd back, and these were the first STO ever to come out. This gun started the whole vertical feed revolution.

k.macocker
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks PM'd back, and these were the first STO ever to come out. This gun started the whole vertical feed revolution.

I believe there were vert feeds before that..
Kmac

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Really, show me some pics of them. As far as I know the STO in the pic is the first one and I belive it's the first vertical feed one also. I've been playing since 92 and this is all by memory, durning the timeline of this gun the Minimags with smartparts splash kits were also the hot thing out. I thought this gun came out before 97 but again I may be wrong.

k.macocker
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I am pretty sure that wgp was not the creater of the vert feed. but Im not sure who is either. wolf will step in here and clear some historical facts up for us, lol.

and I thought the 97 stos were basic cockers with upgrades. and I thought that was a 98 as well. but I have nothing to back that up with. the "97 STO" seems to be a very cloudy topic.

enjoy,
Kmac

scottieb
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
i've seen a couple bob long cockers, which came out before the STO, that were vert feed. i don't think the STO started the vert feed, but i could see it as the trendsetter and springboarding vert feed to popularity.

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
LOL, no what i'm saying is the STO in the pic is the first vertical feed by WGP to hit the market. Yes there were custom vertical feeds by Bob and others before this one but as mass production goes this was the first I think.

And I was only saying this started the vertical feed in the cocker line of markers, as the right and left feed was still being made.

scottieb- Did you get my PM, I will be working the issue and get back to you in a day. Thanks again.:D

k.macocker
05-01-2007, 05:18 PM
the Bob Longs were WGP bodies, lol..

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes they were, but they were custom. Just like every custom cocker, they all start with a WGP body blank. Back in the day they did.

Wolf13
05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
the STO's were the first WGP labled vert feed cocker, however, WGP provided bodies to Bob Long for years before that for his sig series cockers and he was the sole distributor to custom shops, which meant a vert feed cocker could cost hundreds more then a side feed. BBT, Bob Long, PTP, and lots of smaller shops had em long before the STO came out. Once vert feed really started to catch on, WGP decided it was time to cash in on the high end market with the sto, followed by vert feed body kits available to the public starting with IAO in 98. WGP's decision to cut off the supply of vert feed bodies while it switched over to the new body style and to create an artificial shortage of vert feed bodies was a major factor in Splatt Attack and AKA making the Revenge series (hence the name).

wiffle32
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
And we have been enlightened.

Bask in the glow.

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 05:42 PM
LOL, wow. You have all this down on paper or is that all from memory?

k.macocker
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
paper!!?? memory??!! he wrote that while eating a cupcake, on the cell phone, and smoking a cig, all while compiling documents for work... it's second nature for him, lol. thats why I said he would clear it up for us, lol.

And the wolf has struck again..
Kmac

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
LOL, well this whole going back and forth is getting off topic. I want this gun, help me buy it. LoL. Free up.

Wolf13
05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
paper!!?? memory??!! he wrote that while eating a cupcake, on the cell phone, and smoking a cig, all while compiling documents for work... it's second nature for him, lol. thats why I said he would clear it up for us, lol.

And the wolf has struck again..
Kmac

no cig, I don't normally smoke, and defiantly not at work. I was drinking a mt dew and eating a bannana though, and while loading gps points from GIS to my handheld; might have even been a phone call or two in there. so yeah, you were close. Actually, i am pretty easy to stump, but that was an easy one ;)

And now, lets get this thread back to actually selling this guys gun.

killerb68
05-01-2007, 06:45 PM
You have PM:)

scottieb
05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
pm's have been replied to. :)

rmartuszewski
05-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Nah-uh, just sent you a new one. LOL:D

emumikey
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Is this still for sale??????????