PDA

View Full Version : 99 back block/bolt

DogBoy
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure if this goes in this thread but I am making it to a pump so its close:D. I picked up a 99 # 67580 but the bolt is beat down. I would like to get a better bolt but am unsure where to look to find one.I would like to use the original back block, The questions are

1. Can I get a carbon fiber to fit that length?
2. I will probally have to drill the old block to the new size pull pins?

Any advice/help is great Thanks

tolar250
02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
pull pins i believe are the same size in pre and post 2000 cockers. i don't think beoranged (hardliner bolt not full carbon fiber but a carbon fiber center shaft) or stiffi made a production carbon fiber bolt in a pre 2000 length. alamo city makes pre 2000 bolts.

thumper
02-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Why would you want a carbon fiber or Delrin bolt for a sniper?

Dr. Isotope
02-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Delrin is where it's at. I don't understand metal bolts at all. It's the first thing I replace on every gun I have.

k.macocker
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Delrin is where it's at. I don't understand metal bolts at all. It's the first thing I replace on every gun I have.

totally agree on a semi.. but on a pump it really is not an issue at all.. orings is "where it's at" on a pump ;)
Kmac

Dr. Isotope
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
My delrin bolt has an o-ring on it. But only because when I made it, I had to undersize the bolt by .001 so it would fit in the body. I know it's working, because the switch from the stock WGP bolt to mine raised my velocity about 20fps. Delrin is smoother and quieter than a metal bolt, and when it's custom made to the body (like mine) it sure works better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/DrIsotope/Random/sniperbolt01.jpg

k.macocker
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Delrin is smoother and quieter than a metal bolt, and when it's custom made to the body (like mine) it sure works better.

haven't had that problem with a metal bolt on a pump cocker..

thumper
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
haven't had that problem with a metal bolt on a pump cocker..

^ Im with kmac on this one. Im a big fan of these:

http://www.teamsection8.com/pump-player-gear/belsales-supercharge-bolt.jpg

one size does not always fit all - but with some polishing, some lube and the right set of orings they float in the uppertube. I think the orings help consistancy. I think the venturi effect helps slow and distribute the blast onto the edges of the ball, lessening egg like deformation. I think a bit more mass helps mitigate the back-blast when not holding the pump handle w/o having to go to heavier pump return springs.... for what its worth.. I also think the elongated air inlet hole helps keep the valve and bolt "alligned" longer - again helping consistency - (especially important for the AT guys out there)

Happy hunting.

Dr. Isotope
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't think about the performance. I test one type of bolt against another for velocity, consistency, and efficiency. "Venturi effect" is a marketing scheme. I've never witnessed any performance advantage of any kind. In a paintball bolt application, it doesn't even qualify as pseudoscience.

Just because a bolt is made of delrin doesn't mean it can't have o-rings, and just because a metal bolt is heavier doesn't mean... well, anything. The force required to overcome the mainspring (and return spring, if used) will outweigh the drag of the bolt by several orders of magnitude.

I don't like metal riding in metal. And there's absolutely no need for a bolt to be metal, it's not a load bearing structure, and the wear exhibited on it is minimal at worst. Yes, I'm a fan of delrin-- in many applications, it will outperform metal in every aspect (save of course flammability), it's cheaper, easier to machine, and doesn't require lubrication. But I've never been one to buy off-the-shelf, either.

lukeisthecoolest
02-13-2009, 12:05 AM
heard this topic floating around MCB about a delrin body? is that possible?

guillieyetti
02-13-2009, 12:45 AM

you can't anno delrin...;)

btw, Dr. Whatever, i like your grips...lolz

Crimson Death
02-13-2009, 12:50 AM
you can't anno delrin...;)

btw, Dr. Whatever, i like your grips...lolz

I assume its from Fallout, such a great game.

spud01
02-27-2009, 07:27 AM

I believe there was a turtle cocker website/forum that made some. Should have bought one when I had the chance.

k.macocker
02-27-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't think about the performance. I test one type of bolt against another for velocity, consistency, and efficiency. "Venturi effect" is a marketing scheme. I've never witnessed any performance advantage of any kind. In a paintball bolt application, it doesn't even qualify as pseudoscience.

Just because a bolt is made of delrin doesn't mean it can't have o-rings, and just because a metal bolt is heavier doesn't mean... well, anything. The force required to overcome the mainspring (and return spring, if used) will outweigh the drag of the bolt by several orders of magnitude.

I don't like metal riding in metal. And there's absolutely no need for a bolt to be metal, it's not a load bearing structure, and the wear exhibited on it is minimal at worst. Yes, I'm a fan of delrin-- in many applications, it will outperform metal in every aspect (save of course flammability), it's cheaper, easier to machine, and doesn't require lubrication. But I've never been one to buy off-the-shelf, either.

on the venturi bolts.. I have found what you say to be true...

EXCEPT: for the 15 hole ans version.. it actually increased my fps when I placed in my old 98 cocker.. but the fewer hole venturi bolts did not help at all, maybe even hurt.. I think it also makes a difference at what the operating psi of your marker is to which boltworks best on your marker..

and alum in a pump is not that big of a deal on friction, especially with orings.. but I prefer delrin oringed bolts myself..

Kmac

enjoy,
Kmac

pump
02-27-2009, 10:36 PM
i prefer Delrin bolts no orings turned to fit perfectly

seals perfect, no friction, no wear(which happens in pumps even though its slower)