PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pump kit is used on a FreeFlow Lotus?

Stupid hurts.
02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Like the title says, I was wondering what kind of pump kit is used on a FreeFlow Lotus.

Thanks in advance!

CockerCraze
02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
2k+ kits

Stupid hurts.
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
2k+ kits

I bought this kit and it doesn't fit: http://cgi.ebay.com/Autococker-2K-Sniper-Gun-Stock-Play-Pump-Conversion-Kit_W0QQitemZ350160358693QQihZ022QQcategoryZ36285Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

The arm is too long. Did I buy the wrong one? :confused:

tolar250
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
has the body been mini'd? if so then the pump arm would be too long.

Stupid hurts.
02-27-2009, 08:19 PM
has the body been mini'd? if so then the pump arm would be too long.

The body has not been mini'd. Maybe it does fit and I'm just not seeing it...? Is the pre 2k pump arm longer than a 2k+ pump arm?

NewRaceOwner
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
on a lotus back-block, the back surface of the back-block is roughly where the front of a standard 2k+ back-block is...so yes, the rod will probably be a little bit too long...

you could shorten the rod, and try to run a die over it to rethread it? or see if you can thread it into the pump handle any further...

Stupid hurts.
02-27-2009, 08:30 PM
on a lotus back-block, the back surface of the back-block is roughly where the front of a standard 2k+ back-block is...so yes, the rod will probably be a little bit too long...

you could shorten the rod, and try to run a die over it to rethread it? or see if you can thread it into the pump handle any further...

It seems off by a lot. When the pump kit rod is screwed into the back block all the way, the spring in the pump isn't stationary. There's still a gap so the spring itself moves around (back and forth). Is that normal? Could it be that they accidentally sent me a pre 2k pump kit? I'm new to this pump stuff. :o

cww516
02-27-2009, 09:21 PM
if it was pre-2k, it wouldn't thread into the front of the body, so that's probably not it.

dcent
03-01-2009, 01:29 AM
It seems off by a lot. When the pump kit rod is screwed into the back block all the way, the spring in the pump isn't stationary. There's still a gap so the spring itself moves around (back and forth). Is that normal? Could it be that they accidentally sent me a pre 2k pump kit? I'm new to this pump stuff. :o

I had same prolem. its fine.
you can get a longer spring ( I stretched mine ) or just play with it as is.

I am assuming your problem is that when you have the pump pulled forward all the way so the back block is fully closed the return spring in the pump handle jingles because its loose.

play as is and hold your pump forward when you shoot. or get a longer spring.

Stupid hurts.
03-02-2009, 04:01 AM
if it was pre-2k, it wouldn't thread into the front of the body, so that's probably not it.

Ah, good point.

I had same prolem. its fine.
you can get a longer spring ( I stretched mine ) or just play with it as is.

I am assuming your problem is that when you have the pump pulled forward all the way so the back block is fully closed the return spring in the pump handle jingles because its loose.

play as is and hold your pump forward when you shoot. or get a longer spring.

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. The spring has too much play while the pump is pulled all the way forward. It confused me at first. I'll email someone over at Sanchez Machine to notify the problem.

Stupid hurts.
03-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Just an update...

I went ahead and emailed Luis to notify him of the problem and he said he would happily fix the problem himself. Since his shop isn't located too far away from me (30 min.), I decided I would meet up with him sometime this week.