PDA

View Full Version : SM1 Deluxe pump kit question

Shawn_Savage
02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Ok got a question. I just got this pump kit

on the part where the pump handle is, the arms don't screw in. They appear to have set screws that you access from the bottom of the handle and tighten to lock the arms in place.

I haven't had a chance to take it home and experiment (I'm still at work and picked it up from the mail on the way in) so I was wondering if anyone knows what size the set screws are?

The reason I ask is because it *looked* like there was a pin in the middle of the screw in there (like a security torx screw) and I didn't know if I should be prepared to use a specialty tool.

Thanks,
Shawn

P.S. I didn't ask this in their forum sponsor section because I figure that's only for business requests, ideas, etc.

Picture courtesy of the ebay listing I purchased this from.

jedimast5
02-27-2009, 07:30 PM
nothing special its just a regular allen head screw. i cant remember what size though.
just a added tip the dual pump rods that are threaded into the backblock, if those are not tighten from the factory, make sure you tighten them good if they are just handtighten in, you run the risk of stripping them when playing.

Shawn_Savage
02-27-2009, 07:32 PM
nothing special its just a regular allen head screw. i cant remember what size though.
just a added tip the dual pump rods that are threaded into the backblock, if those are not tighten from the factory, make sure you tighten them good if they are just handtighten in, you run the risk of stripping them when playing.

Oh ok. I figured it had to be an allen head but looking into that deep hole without a light I was worried. The size of the allen head really isn't a worry, I was just concerned I would have to start pulling out my specialty kits.

Good advice on the rods. I had them hand tightened. I'll be sure to set it up correctly tonight.

Thanks!