PDA

View Full Version : Range Problem

Festering_Meat
03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I have a 2k3 Blackmagic cocker with a pump kit, dye ultralight, and a cp reg. I am having some problem with the distance. i have to arc my shots at about 60 feet! it chronos at around 250 - 270. I use WPN weapons grade, marbz, dxs bronze, (they all fit the bore size well) and i get the same results in distance. please help me

CockerCraze
03-08-2009, 11:11 PM
try to get the velocity closer to 300. what type of barrel are you using? if its ported alot then that will effect the velocity as well.

only other road would be to go low pressure.

MAGgot
03-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Range is only increased by increasing velocity. The ONLY other factor that affects range is spin, and I assume you're not using a flatline/apex barrel.

Festering_Meat
03-09-2009, 02:30 AM
using a dye ul barrel.

thumper
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
bolt upside down?
partial roll-out?
wrong length bolt?
missing bolt orings?

try not holding the pump handle for a few shots

russc
03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Agreed, test it while holding and not holding the pump handle. Also, sweet spot the regulator.

I've had the same thing happen - a major arc to the shots, a real nosedive into the dirt while shooting 270-280 fps. I never really figured out what it was, but it seemed to go away after I resprung and sweetspotted.

WSCopic
03-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I hate to be the one to call physics out, as I have no idea about it, but if it is shooting out the barrel (no spin or crap in the barrel to affect the ball) at 270 fps, it will fly the same as it will out of any gun at 270 fps. Or any spring pressure, reg sweet spotting, etc. etc. 270 fps is 270 fps.

The loss of range means it is losing velocity, somehow. It could be a regulator issue, or something of that sort. Just saying that it isn't flying "different" from your gun at 270 that it would from mine.

russc
03-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Like I said, it was chronoed at normal playing velocities but nosedived while the regulator was out of whack. My guess was always that it somehow added a spin, no idea how that would work though.

Festering_Meat
03-10-2009, 11:44 PM
thanks for the help guys. Next time i go to play ill be sure to sweetspot.

thumper
03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I hate to be the one to call physics out..

I know when I hold the pump handle my snipers shoot one way(phantom'ish), and when I don't it shoots completely different. The sound is different, the recoil is different, and I swear the trajectory is different. call me crazy -- I suspect deep blue

drg
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I know when I hold the pump handle my snipers shoot one way(phantom'ish), and when I don't it shoots completely different. The sound is different, the recoil is different, and I swear the trajectory is different. call me crazy -- I suspect deep blue

Well yeah, you bleed off chamber pressure, lowering velocity, which changes sound signature and trajectory, and you allow the reciprocating mass to move backward and offset the force of the ball firing (action-reaction), lowering recoil.

WSCopic
03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
What he said.....

:)