PDA

View Full Version : Action Sports Paintball (store) - Ron-ASP (eBay)

Frizzle Fry
06-28-2009, 08:48 AM
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Action-Sports-Paintball_Paintball-Guns-Accessories_W0QQ_fsubZ2QQ_sidZ2777572QQ_trksidZp46 34Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2

Awful experiences with this guy.

As a seller, he often ships the wrong item, either completely wrong or "similar but cheaper" and "similar but not as pictured". Refuses to answer emails, complaints, or PayPal claims, then lies to cover his butt! Jacks up shipping to cover 'misc expenses' and often charges for good shipping services with mandatory insurance charges, except when the item arrives it turns out to have been sent with cheaper shipping and no insurance. Always ships late, never leaves feedback.

As a buyer, he'll often send pestering messages and try to get you to sell off-site to avoid the auction going out of his price range. He's slow to pay, and and complains about 10 day shipping from sale-to-arrival... Seriously nothing but a hassle.

To top it all off, most of his items are AT LEAST a 25% markup. Unfortunately he has stuff that others don't so I keep buying from him :(

Listessa
07-06-2009, 06:08 AM
A few years back I had an all most identical experience as Frizzle Fry with some VM parts via eBay. They were listed ad "new" and I received some very obviously used parts. That is the reason I now take a screencap of every ebay auction I bid on in case of issues with purchases when they arrive and sellers editing their listings.
I have had difficulties contacting this particular seller with questions regarding the items he has for sale, as it took the better part of a week for him to get back to me, or other instances I never received a response at all.

Finally, an ex of mine purchased some manuals from Ron-ASP on eBay for me as a birthday gift. He was upset to see that they were all obviously photocopies of the originals (which he believed them to be at the point of purchase) bound with a plastic spiral binder. I am unsure if he complained about this to the seller or what happened if anything. It was kind of silly for him to pay money for something I could have printed out and bound myself for under $5... But that was more his mistake than anything else.

Shipping seems to arrive in a somewhat timely manner, but over all I tend to avoid this seller as I have not been pleased with his communication, unwillingness to make things right with his customers, and high shipping costs. I do not know if he has changed his shipping costs since I last looked around 2007 or prior, but one can hope.

Gee Tee
07-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I've used Ron-ASP on ebay about 1/2 a dozen times

Shipping was a little slow on one purchase, but other that that it's been fine

Last purchase from him was a Bob Long 360 reg, and that arrived in UK in under 10 days

muzakx
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I bought an asa through Ron-ASP on ebay. Fast shipping, and the item arrived exactly as described.

I don't blame you guys for coming back to him, he does offer some rare items.