PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Dark Cocker

WSCopic
08-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Just picked this up at a fair price, no amazing deal but fair. Anything I should know about the Warped Sportz Cockers?

It has a WDP reg on it, matched and all. I have never used one at all. Anyone have any tips on these regs or opinions?

W

k.macocker
08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
you speaking of the angel mini reg? not a favorite by any means. adjust by way of the set screw on the side. Def not good on co2.
Kmac

WSCopic
08-29-2007, 12:17 PM
I hear that a lot, that it isn't a favorite or it isn't well liked....but why? Any facts on why it is not a good reg? I like how it looks, and I really don't want to spend more cash on it. I am using it with HPA and really want to know if it is a piece of junk I should pull off the gun, or if it just has a bad rap and it should work fine.

k.macocker
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I have seen many older cockers with them, so it's difficult to say.
I would try it out, see how well it works/doesn't work. and go from there.
then let us know what you discover..
I found the ones I have delt with are very limited in range. if your cocker falls within that range youll be fine.
Kmac

WSCopic
09-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Played a full day with the Dark Cocker. It worked like a dream, which I sort of expected.

The reg didn't give me any issues, and seemed to be very consistent and efficient. :)

Love it.

Wolf13
09-02-2007, 07:51 PM
only thing i've really heard negative is that the recharge rate on the wdp regs is slow.

Tracker
09-02-2007, 08:40 PM
but i think it depends on the scope, at 200 psi they refresh really slow, but from what i have heard at the 400 to 600 psi range it works quite well

Tracker

drg
09-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Which basically means it rechages slow ;)
I figure as long as it is working, don't fix what ain't broken!

WSCopic
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I just wanted to know if I needed to rip it off the gun and bury it in the back yard so no one would ever have to see it, much less use it. If it works, and I don't have to spend more money, that is always the best outcome. :)

Less money on a reg means more money to shoot paint with.

russc
09-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Which basically means it rechages slow ;)
I figure as long as it is working, don't fix what ain't broken!

I'm pretty sure the WGP regs don't perform 100% when they're set to the low end of their range.

Shadow
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd say it's a common ailment for most regulators. They prefer to be somewhere near the middle of their range, rather than at an extreme.