PDA

View Full Version : Left feed bodies.

DeTrevni
10-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Well, I couldn't find any info on these things in a search (a brief search), and I was wondering a few things about them. Pre 2k.

- How hard are they to find?
- About how much would a body only, internals or not, cost me?
- Would it be unethical* to mill and customize one?

*What do I mean? Well, you wouldn't half-block a DC2, now would you? Same principle, lower scale.

Thanks for any info!

k.macocker
10-14-2007, 12:56 AM
not sure of value etc.
but they are not highly rare, but not extremely common either. right or left bodies are not highly sought after by the masses for sure. basic left feed bodies do bring more money than basic right feed bodies. but it seems to me that in a high profile body such as a twister, the right feed seems to be easier to sell, lol.

I don't think anyone would bat an eye if you altered a left feed cocker, assuming its a basic style body. i have seen them desired for warp feeds. or even q loaders.. I assume that is your desire??

I suggest you keep an eye out on ebay and post in the wtb section in as many pb forums as possible.
good luck,
Kmac

DeTrevni
10-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Actually, I haven't thought about the Warp/Q idea, I'm just right handed and hate having a blimp hanging out of the side of the bunker when I pop out. Not saying I only hang out of the right side, but being more comfortable with my right side, that's the side I tend to favor. Actually, it would be for a pump project, but figured I'd get more of a response in the mech section, since it's only body talk. Hope that's not too much of a problem! :)

k.macocker
10-14-2007, 01:11 AM
I personally like a vert feed on my pump, for left or right side of a bunker. and if you get a non wgp body, specially one with angel threads you could convert it 2 a 10 rd feed tube (and back to vert feed again)..
do you think getting a left feed is covering up your weekness out of the left side of a bunker and preventing you from learning to improve that part of your game??? Just a thought..
Dr. Kmac

DeTrevni
10-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Actually, what I said, coupled with the uncommon factor, which makes it "cooler." I just kinda want one.

But since you got me thinking, I guess it doesn't really matter much. But hey, since you're here, I saw an offer for a BNIB 1998 RF 'cocker (BNIB man! With box and stuff) on MCB for $110 plus $15 shipping. Is that a good price?

If others think so, dibs, people. I've been looking for an older cocker. Have some courtesey! ;)

k.macocker
10-14-2007, 02:06 AM
for collectors purpose, I can see that being worth it. I saw that too.
but for a user purpose, i would buy a pre2k with ups off ebay for prob 80ish...

Kmac

DeTrevni
10-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. I still kinda want a lefty body. I'll see if I can't find one to build up.

Cunha
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM
You might find that you end up liking the right feed.

When you are shooting with your stronger right hand, your view is very clear, there isnt anything in front of your face and it is very nice.

When you are shooting out your weak side of the bunker, the hopper is pulled closer to the bunker.

When you shoot your strong side you just have to angle a tiny bit more.

I dont know, its not so bad really. I used to think I liked hopper left better, but i changed when I started shooting older grey spirits a while back.

Centerfeed for me, though. Except WGP centerfeed, gross.

Wolf13
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I have found that getting rid of lefty bodies is usually pretty tough. every once in a while someone will really want one, but a lot fo the time, it seems a left feed is just hard to sell. i've practically given them away before because i couldn't sell em. some people do liek em for the reduced profile for righty, but a lot of people can't stand the hopper in the face.

i have no problems with center or right, but i've passed up some really nice guns because they are lefty's. give it a try, you'll love it or hate it, but if you like em, you'll see some real deals come along if your patient.

PsYcHoHoLiC
10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I have a pre2k right feed and i was going to half block it and make it into a pump.. is that TABOO?

k.macocker
10-14-2007, 11:54 PM
just a standard wgp body?? no way, so many available, but very very few are half blocked.

no matter what, it's yours to do what you want!! lol

Kmac

Tesko
10-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Pretty much any machining to a 'Cocker body is acceptable, as long as you keep the hacksaw and dremels FAR away from it, and encouraged when you're competent with a mill!

As for lefty bodies, I like them, but have no real preference, 'cept for my Twister :D

Wolf13
10-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I doubt you'll find anyone too heartbroken over doing milling on a stock cocker. maybe a few people if its in really really nice condition, but if its got even a bit of wear you won't hear many complaints. Even though i firmly fall in the preservatonist/restorationist mindset, I tend to think stock cocker bodies with no special features exist as a blank slate.

Tesko
10-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Exactly wolf! Thats why my original mini body for my Sniper 3 will get a taste of CNC when I start my next semester, BWHAHAHA.

PsYcHoHoLiC
10-15-2007, 06:50 PM
lol cool because its going under the knife...

lew
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
lol cool because its going under the knife...

Give it hell. :cool:

There's not much demand for left feed bodies. I've seen them going for as much or less than a comparable right feed.