PDA

View Full Version : Best pump kit..

k.macocker
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Best pump kit for a cocker

(copy and paste this for your review, repeat for each kit used)

NAME OF KIT:
PROS:
CONS:
COMMENTS: anything you would like to add.
RECOMMEND IT?: YES or NO

DO NOT take cosmetics into consideration. this is for performance only!!

Links
-Whitewolfairsmithing (http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/)
-http://www.chipleymachine.com/
-ccm and vendetta basic is also available at http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/ (http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/)
-several kits here http://paintballgateway.com/wgpautparup.html (http://paintballgateway.com/wgpautparup.html)
-PMP trillogy kits (http://www.pmpind.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1073)
-and now the team hooptie trillogy kit has been released. (http://www.teamhooptie.com/)

wiffle32
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
NAME OF KIT: WGP Sniper Conversion kit

PROS: Low Profile, lighter than other kits, great pump stroke. Inexpensive.

CONS: Can twist and come out of alignment if the arm isn't in tightly. Can also rub on some barrels.

COMMENTS: This is a Very economical and functional kit. My pump Karni came with one and I've had nothing but good experience with it so far.

RECOMMEND IT?: YES

I voted for the WWA Deluxe because that is my personal favorite, just not economically feasible.

And correct k.mac's spelling errors, he's only 12.

Cobra427
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
NAME OF KIT: CCM Deluxe

PROS: Smooth pump, big pump handle (I'm 6'2-3ish, this helps), customization, pump handle guide, A/T capabilities under one company (read as "you don't need to rig up some odd pump contraption for A/T") - I know this isn't technically part of the kit, it's just nice to be able to have everything be compatable; CCM WARRANTY!!!

CONS: Expensive, but worth it.

COMMENTS: The CCM Deluxe is a great kit. Easy to customize to a gun with different colored pump handles, super easy installation, and a great overall feel and balance on many different cockers.

NAME OF KIT: Vendetta Deluxe

PROS: smooth, interesting shape on pump handle (works for me), return spring was shipped with a few (I think, my old teammate got one with his), pump handle guide

CONS: pump handle shape might not be for everyone (I liked it with gloves, didn't like it bare-handed), didn't feel as sturdy in my ogre hands compared to the CCM

COMMENTS: great kit from a smaller company that is starting to make it big. They actually have two kits, a standard/economy and a deluxe, I wrote down that the one I used was a Deluxe (which is "prettier" and has more bells and whistles).

drg
10-23-2007, 01:50 AM
I don't see why it should be performance only, looks are part of the equation as well IMO ...

NAME OF KIT: CCM Deluxe kit (99 spec)
PROS: Smooth out of the box. High quality machining.
CONS: I prefer a shorter handle -- though the new kits have that option. The guide plate can rotate with use, not a big deal (torque it, loctite, etc.). Heavier than the WWA kit, I believe.
COMMENTS: I personally do not like the LOOKS of the CCM kit, but performance wise they are among the best, if not the best.

NAME OF KIT: WWA Deluxe kit (mini)
PROS: Overall smaller/lighter than the CCM kit with standard handle. Aluminum pump means potential anodizing in colors. High quality machining.
CONS: Stroke could be smoother out of the box (needs light sanding to get to where the CCM kit is out of the box). Paint gets in between the 'ribs' when you play, so cleaning takes a little care. Gas transfer passage in the mini kit is a little restrictive; fine for HP use but for LP use you may want to do a little work on it.
COMMENTS: I prefer the looks and pump of the WWA kit.

NAME OF KIT: CCM economy kit (just tried)
PROS: Cheaper than deluxe kit. Well machined. Almost as stable as deluxe kit, but not quite.
CONS: Not quite as stable as kits with secondary guides.
COMMENTS: Seems like a good option for a good price.

drg
10-23-2007, 02:05 AM
NAME OF KIT: WGP pump kit (old style)
PROS: Cheap. Works.
CONS: No frills, pump wobbles a bit, material is a little "soft"
COMMENTS: Stock piece from older guns. Can't go wrong lol

NAME OF KIT: WGP pump kit (new style)
PROS: Cheap. Better material (harder) than the older style makes the machining (and thus pump stroke) a bit more accurate.
CONS: No frills, pump wobbles a bit. The pump is longer than the older kits and most other kits, makes it a bit heavier.
COMMENTS: Personal preference whether you like the longer one or shorter.

k.macocker
10-23-2007, 04:36 AM
I don't see why it should be performance only, looks are part of the equation as well IMO ...
cause it's my thread.. lol

really, anyone wanting to buy one can decide if they like the looks for themselves (in pics).. but experience/performance with the kits can't be judged in a picture. I would like to think that someone wanting to buy a kit could come here and read some opinions of a good reliable source (you guys).
Kmac

thumper
11-15-2007, 08:10 PM
jumping in on this..

Ive had, got and/or shot CCMs Deluxs, Vendetta Deluxs, WGP Sniper 1, 2 (wood) , 2 (Delrin), 2 (Delrin w/ smooth ridges), WWA Ultra, and PMP..

gripes:

On some of the 99 and older bodies, the newer kits w/ dual guide rods seemed to have problems getting every thing lined up.

The CCM Delux kits have that distrinctive aluminum click when pumping. I dont pump until ready to shoot so this can be a bit irritating as the target get a bit of warning.
When a bit of paint gets on the CCM handles, they get a bit slick. Its a minor thing - but minor things can add up.

Vendettas do nice w/ 10" tips

The PMP delin I tried (never owned) were very nice and I was tempted to pick one up until I saw Wevo get a batch of WGP delrins in.

I played around 10 years w/ a WGP wood - with the 90 degree front edge -- I swear I damaged the tendons in my index finger pumping that thing.

WWA : early on aluminum on aluminum was a silly thing in my book. I guess they were after the matching anno crowd - but for performance reasons, the sound was a bit of a turn off - not to mention the paint down in the cracks of the handle.

Today Ive got vendettas on my loner guns, WGP delrin (new style) on the pumps I play, CCM delux waiting on an autotrigger kit and frame to make it all happy on an S5 im tinkering with..

Im intersted in the CCM economy jobs.. just waiting on a friend to pick one up so I can try on the cheap.

FeWolf
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Mac let me know what you get, I might be following suit and going pump, get very popular here.

FeWolf
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
http://www.pbreview.com/products/search/q/page1/sort5/view2/layout2/rman/rcat/?q=Pump+Kit+
according to PBreview

Tesko
11-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't forget Hooptie kits.

I've owned/used more than half a dozen CCM kits, several WGP kits, a WWA Deluxe, a Vendetta Basic, and a Hooptie kit.

They all have slightly different feels, CCM's are quite nice, a bit annoying to install, and pricey. The Standard WGP kit is good, simple, cheap. WWA Deluxe is alright, wasn't totally impressed, but one of the few who have Mini kits readily available, standard pump handle was way too small for me. The Vendetta basic is a nice kit, quality, easy to install, nice stroke, good size and feel of the pump. The Hooptie kit is an all-aluminum construction kit, which gaves a different feel, I like mine a lot, and it was quite cheap.

Overall, if you're building on a budget, id highly recommend the Vendetta basic or the Hooptie kit, either are just about $30. CCM kits definitely have more features, but they're at least double the price, a plus being the ready amount of colored handles for them.

FeWolf
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
could you provide a link to those manufactures of the kits I have to get 2 of them, one for my repair man and one for me!

Cossar
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
NAME OF KIT: WWA delux
PROS: Super smooth, light action, sturdy.
CONS: One of the rods comes loose occasionally, can be fixed with some tape.
COMMENTS: Only one I've used, so I can't really compare it to any others, lol
RECOMMEND IT?: Yes

THE Hulk
11-21-2007, 11:19 PM
NAME OF KIT:WGP
PROS: Cheap, Easy to install
CONS: the twist factor as others have mentioned
COMMENTS: for a Trilogy Competition. Not many out there for Trilogies. But I went very cheap for a pump. I like the long pump handle.

Rayodder
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
NAME OF KIT: Dan Sergison WGP pump kit
PROS: beefier handle than most kits on the market, feels really solid if you have big hands and it cost only $35
CONS: none that I can think of
COMMENTS: beefy :p

k.macocker
11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
could you provide a link to those manufactures of the kits I have to get 2 of them, one for my repair man and one for me!

I know it's probably a bit late for you, but check my original thread starter post..
kmac

ilerman
02-12-2008, 12:16 AM
NAME OF KIT: WWA Premium
PROS: Good Performance and Good Construction
CONS: Slightly Wobbily but not bad
COMMENTS: I have no other experience with other kits so I can't compare:o

Cunha
02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
CCM kits are so far in my opinion smoother and more consistant in quality than the other kits.

WWA i like their mini design its shorter than CCM's. But other than that the Chipley kit just works best.

russc
02-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm not a huge fan of how my WWA aluminum kit with titanium guide rod looks, but I haven't found anything that feels more solid. The reason I'd take this kit over the Vendetta and CCM is because the guide rod is relocated, I can bring my hand up further on the vert air adapter. It feels much more comfortable.

My second favorite kit is the old 1st gen (or 2nd?) Sniper II pumps. They're just delrin rod with grooves, but they look classic and are pretty smooth even though they ride on the barrel. Again, I like being able to bring my hand up about an inch higher than with a CCM or Vendetta kit.

pump
02-12-2008, 09:11 PM
i cant vote on what i like....but i could tell the differences between them all

but i use an Econo kit

but id say best is a custom

PsYcHoHoLiC
02-13-2008, 02:10 AM
I love poking a dead thread with a stick....

conbon
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
NAME OF KIT: CCM Deluxizzle
PROS: Smooth as hell, can get colored handles, no wobble.
CONS: Big handle (I has small hands :(), kinda heavy, really expensive.
COMMENTS: Very good pump kit. The one I have has been on 3 different guns, always kept it. Never plan on getting a different one.