PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a few questions.

CarbineKid
11-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Hi guys.
I am new to this forum, but I have been playing paintball for along time. I never owned a cocker but I took a chance on a trilogy tactical. At under $50 it seemed like a steal. So far I am really impressed with my tactical. In fact I am thinking of selling off my Tippys and keeping this.
I have spent some time reading the FAQS. However I have found some conflicting info...and I could use some guidance :) I plan to keep it pretty much stock with the exception of a new barrel. So anyhow

1) I have read the trilogy tactical was designed for HPA. However WGP states that Co2 can be used. Errrr will I have problems if I use Co2. I pefer to use Co2(I have a few tanks, but no N2 tanks)

2) Whats with the feeed neck? My standard VL hopper will not fit in. Are there any hoppers that will fit without modifying them(ie sanding them down to fit)? I need to buy a new hopper anyways

Thanks in advance for helping a clueless cocker newbie
Brian

k.macocker
11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
co2 will be fine. an anti siphon tank will help a lot with co2 on any marker..

ya, your pretty much stuck with that feed, either finding a hopper that fits or modifying is the way to go. there is an adaptor that fits on top of the existing feed, but makes the profile a bit higher..
good luck,
Kmac

Andrewliu6294
11-03-2007, 02:40 PM
you get the trilogy from Actionvillage? :p

anyway, CO2 works fine, my friend can shoot for extended periods of time without freezing up the marker. I must say though, that the reg/foregrip gets extremely cold, and frosts up.

I believe on cockers people have cut down their stock feednecks, and sanded down the OD of the thing to install ego feednecks...

but you wont be able to fit feednecks without modification.

Railgun
11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
At anything under $100 these things ARE a steal. Prices right now on the last of the cockers are crazy.

Being a closed bolt style you're going to want to find a barrel kit so you can size the backs to the ball of the day to avoid rollouts.

A cheaper and effective option is to use small strips of electrical tape to form pinching ridges in the last portion of the barrel to lightly pinch the ball until the air pushes it up the barrel. To do this cut a 1 inch long piece of electrical tape off the roll. Cut this into 3 more or less equal strips that are 1 inch long by 1/4 wide. Stick these into the barrel evenly spaced with about 3/4 of the tape inside and fold the last 1/4 around the end to the outside. Use 1,2 or all three strips as needed to provide a light pinch on the ball. When you screw the barrel into the body don't tighten the snot out of it. Just a firm twist. That'll avoid you cutting right through the tape where it folds over.

Another variation on this uses paint or nailpolish to form the same sort of little fingers.

If your VL hopper is a basic gravity fed one then look around or mail order an Archon gravity feed hopper. Mine fit right into a Trilogy Pro with no problems at all. This one is a little smaller necked than most and for some other markers I have to use a wrap or two of electrical tape. As a bonus it feeds better than the basic VL.

CarbineKid
11-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Guys thanks for all the info. I really appreciate all your help, and suggestions