PDA

View Full Version : Short stroking 101

THE Hulk
11-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Well, I went to field with a Pro Stock all uped (Thanks again for the tips on which parts to upgrade to) but I'm more accustome to electros. So...I short stroked and have a soupy feedneck and halo to clean out.

Besides practice makes perfect, how else can I do this? I don't want to loose the electro edge, too. The Pro Stock is a backup; the Karni is the main. After the Karni is an almost all Virtued out Ion that I'd never get close to what I've invested so I'm keeping it.

Or should I cut my losses and by a pump kit? I spent about 120 total on new Besales ram, Orracle 3 way, and Rock lpr.

Oh the drama. LOL

:confused::confused::confused:

wiffle32
11-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Time your cocker better. The closer the hammer lug release is to the 3-way actuation, the less chance there is to shortstroke.

Also make sure your LPR is set properly.

Generally there is very little practice required when the marker is set up correctly.

k.macocker
11-04-2007, 12:59 AM
get that trigger set up nice and it will help with short stroking. either go through the learning process or send it to someone that knows how.
second:
key to pulling a cocker trigger, don't ever bump or tap the trigger. but pull as if your going push it past the point at which it will stop and let the stop do its job. when letting off the trigger fully let it forward to the point the trigger reaches the forward stop as well. you could do this by almost letting your finger off the trigger on each forward stroke.
the point is to allow the trigger to hit both stops.
like you said, practice makes perfect....
good luck and enjoy...
Kmac

Andrewliu6294
11-04-2007, 01:08 AM
hm....the only thing i can think of is shoot slower?

or practice at home in the backyard with the Prostock, ones you get accustomed to the 2 stage trigger, you're set. Then walk the karni a little, to get used to both.

lew
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Dry fire the gun a few hundred times and you'll get the hang of it. Be sure to pull all the way through. After a bit, it'll be second nature. Don't give up. The fix is easy.

trentdk
11-04-2007, 11:40 PM
I assume its a double finger hinge? Maybe because that is so close to the karni, you instinctively shoot it like the karni. Throw a slider on there, and you'll be forced to learn a new way :)

Cunha
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Just pull it all the way back and let it all the way forward in one motion. Better timing will help too, but i bet you can get by without it. No reason to have 2 backups though.

k.macocker
11-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Just pull it all the way back and let it all the way forward in one motion. Better timing will help too, but i bet you can get by without it. No reason to have 2 backups though.

your correct, there is no reason to have 2 backups, I usually have no less than 8.. lol

Railgun
11-05-2007, 01:10 AM
There's only one thing to do then. Sell the electros and learn the One Path To Paintball Enlightenment...... :D

THE Hulk
11-06-2007, 01:37 AM
I so will not sell my electros. In fact I just traded a Pulse for a trilogy and some money. I'm gonna turn the trilogy into a pump. So :P

Railgun
11-06-2007, 05:16 AM
WELL! I guess I've been told, eh? :D LOL