PDA

View Full Version : recipes

Wolf13
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, I have a dilema; we are having a building wide potluck, and my group got "appetizers and salads". Kinda sucks on one hand for me and could be considered lucking out on the other for me since I don't like the traditional coolwhip/mayo/creamcheese/mystery jello concoctions that normally show up at these things. so, anyone got good, nontraditional appetizers or salad recipes?

oh, and i got told german potato salad is not acceptable so that ruins my first idea since another group got potatoes. right now, my only idea is a tomato salad with olive oil, brown mustard, brown sugar, vinager and herbs over sliced tomatos. good salad when tomatos are in season, but out of season tomatoes are not high on my list of "good eats".

oh, and even if it isn't salad or appetizer recipe, feel free to post it.

Draken
11-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Spinach artichoke dip is always good....
the recipe I use:
1 pkg. frozen spinach thawed
1 jar marinated artichokes, chopped
8 oz. Philly cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 stick butter
red pepper flakes to taste

Sauté onions in butter, adding ingredients while mixing and blending well after each addition. Add ingredients in this order: Spinach, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Artichoke Hearts, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.

Remove from heat and put in crocks or microwave dish. Top with Monterey Jack Cheese and melt.

Serve hot with chips or bread.

seraphim
11-28-2006, 03:15 AM
appatizers...

how can you go wrong with wings???
i big frying pan, 2 lbs of wings and a gal of oil..

fry till they float or golden brown. the oil gota be around 400

when done use a metal spatchula with hols in it and take them out and place on a plate with some papertowels on to absorbe the oil.

now the fun part... the sauce
i prefer hony bbq. 1 pt honey 2 pt bbq sauce. throw that in a tuppaware container with the wings and shake.
or ya can get some franks redhot and mix the same.
surve with bluechese, honey mustard and alot of napkins.

or do a search on the fod network and get a shit load of ideas
http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/cachedSearchResults/0,7822,appetizer_Recipe,00.html?searchType=Recipe&searchString=appetizer&site=food&gosearch=Search

sorry for being so blunt i had a few beverages... :) enjoy the dinner party