PDA

View Full Version : Palmers Quick Switch

T18CAPT
11-29-2007, 11:43 AM
OK, day 3 of my Cocker learning experience.

I've been upgrading it with a new valve, front pneumatics and inline reg.

After installing the pneumaticsas per Palmers

Cut three pieces of hose to these lengths: Hose-A=3.4 inches, Hose-B=2.2 inches, Hose-C=1.2 inches. Hose-B may need to be adjusted depending on the type of Rock. Install Hose-A on the 4- way on the barb closest to the frame, Hose-B goes on the middle barb, Hose-C attaches to the barb closest to the muzzle. Slide a lock collar on Hose-C. Attach the other end of hose C to the Ram barb closest to the frame. Attach the free end of Hose-B to the Rock, and Hose-A to the Ram
barb closest to the muzzle. Keep hoses as short as possible. Long hoses decrease cycle rate.

I gas it up to check for leaks and it cocked and stayed there.

So I switch the hoses and it worked properly.

Now I'm into my lesson on timing....and loving it!

I was wondering, could the 3 way shaft not being adjusted correctly cause the gun to cock when gased? If so then the hoses were correct and I need to adjust the actuating rod.

How do you know if the 3 way shaft is in the correct position to start with?

Thanks,

Darrin the noob!

doomherald
11-29-2007, 12:25 PM
are you running a slider, or a hinge?

the instructions you gave will work for one, but not the other :P

if you think about it, a slider-frame, will PULL the timing rod to actuate the 3-way & re-cock... but a hinge, will PUSH the timing rod to actuate the 3-way.

as for getting the rod in the correct position to begin with... i have always put the marker in the "at rest" position, and just made sure i'm not hearing any leaks from the 3-way... then while timing, i make sure i'm not getting any leaks @ full-pull. obviously there is more to it than that, but... if you're worried it's not in the right spot, those are the 2 dead-giveaways.. if you have leaks @ rest or full-pull, chances are your 3-way rod is in the wrong position.

-Nate

PsYcHoHoLiC
11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I was wondering, could the 3 way shaft not being adjusted correctly cause the gun to cock when gased? If so then the hoses were correct and I need to adjust the actuating rod.

How do you know if the 3 way shaft is in the correct position to start with?

Thanks,

Darrin the noob!

Yes the rod could be in the wrong place as i found out yestday just taking you handle of can change the place because it is just a small amount between the barb fitting on the 3way...
What you need to do is read some of the tech articles. they help lots..
From one Newbie to another if you want the cocker you need to read and look for a timming video on one of sites? can't remember witch on...

T18CAPT
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Doomherald,

I have a hinge. I think the directions are for a slider.

I'll be gasing her up after the baby wakes up. Never wake a sleeping baby!!!!

PsYcHoHoLiC,

I have been reading all I can. I think I saw one video on U-Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4TV9o6YdnM&mode=related&search=

Thanks for the responses!

Darrin

k.macocker
11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
hinge with normal 3 way.. front 3 way hose to front of ram. back of 3 way hose to back of ram. if you run one of these it is opposite on a hinge. shocktech bomb, dye, dye copy cats, system x. they all use 3 oringed shafts and reverse the 3way function.
Kmac

T18CAPT
11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I guess the palmers is normal than

any idea on how to tell where the 3 way shaft is at rest? If it doesn't leak at rest or at full pull is assumed to be positioned correctly?

Thanks!

k.macocker
11-29-2007, 03:31 PM
with lp hoses off, look in the front barb, the oring should pass it on the trigger pull, it should return back on the release. same for the rear barb. enjoy,
Kmac