PDA

View Full Version : valve problem

t0nnn
12-27-2007, 10:08 PM
ok here's the story..

I bought a superbolt cocker, apparently with a leaky ram used from someone to make it a pump. The ram was fine, but it had a bad leak internally so I figured it was the valve..took it apart and yes, the valve o-ring was shot. I replaced it, but when I put the valve back in it didn't sit right and I couldn't get it to go in any farther so I said F it maybe it will be fine.

Here's how it's sitting:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/t0nnn/valve2.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/t0nnn/valve.jpg

Now this IS a problem, because I can't adjust the hammer without pushing it forward by sticking an allen key down the tube...but I did it just to see if the gun would not leak. put the IVG back in and aired up and it shot, I was happy...no leaks ..ok great.

Aired it up today to shoot some paint and it's shooting maybe 150fps (chrono wasn't even reading it) I turned the velocity up slowly more and more and still the same (to the point where I should have been shooting way above 300) So I tried adjusting my reg a little and still the same thing.

THEN I get the constant leak again. Now it's weird b/c i'll get the leak when I air up, after I pump and take a shot there's no leak. If I shoot a ball, right after I get the leak, but with no ball I don't get a leak...crazy BAN

I take the IVG out, take the hammer out, and now the valve won't come out. It's stuck in there, I wanted to see if it tore up another o-ring..

So first, any idea why the valve won't come out or why it won't even sit in the right place? I'm guessing that's why it's tearing up o-rings and leaking

Second, Any tips on how I can get the valve out...i'm stuck

k.macocker
12-28-2007, 12:36 AM
try to turn the inline up.. could be too weak of valve spring along with too stiff of main spring, with not enough inline psi..
Kmac

t0nnn
12-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I switched out the stock springs with maddman springs...heavy for the valve spring and medium for the main spring..maybe I should go back to stock springs, but still I can't get the valve out

wiffle32
12-28-2007, 02:32 PM
well if the situation becomes desperate to get that valve out:

pop the frontblock assembly off and stick a large allen in the hole to push the valve from the front. I've done that before, but haven't needed to more than once.

t0nnn
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
good idea, i guess i'm gonna have to do that...

Now..Does anyone have an idea why the valve wont sit in the right place (as seen in my pics) ...I don't know why it won't go flush with the retaining screw whole. I think that's why I'm getting the constant leak

k.macocker
12-28-2007, 04:22 PM
good idea, i guess i'm gonna have to do that...

Now..Does anyone have an idea why the valve wont sit in the right place (as seen in my pics) ...I don't know why it won't go flush with the retaining screw whole. I think that's why I'm getting the constant leak

are you sure you have a full tank??

and I have seen many cockers that the hole does not align.. are you using a thicker oring around the valve?? that would cause both alignment and sticking problems..

good luck,
Kmac

t0nnn
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Tank was full, maybe the o-ring was the problem? I just used one from a players parts kit I had around, maybe I grabbed the wrong one, but it looked like the same size

k.macocker
12-28-2007, 04:46 PM
there quite thin. thin as if not thinner than a tank oring. not size around, but thickness..
Kmac

t0nnn
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I think I may have used the wrong one then, Maybe it was alittle too thick, what size o-ring should it be?

russc
12-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Tonn, welcome to the world of superbolts. I find that they can be nightmares to work on. One of the big issues I had with mine was that valves stuck in the lower tube just as you are seeing.

The solution is simple. Screw the under-body retention lug in about halfway (don't snug it into the valve), then take off your inline reg.

Make sure your hammer and IVG are out, and point the lower tube into a pillow.

Now, blast that sucker with full pressure air from an HPA or CO2 tank. It should rocket out into the pillow without any damage to the oring.

As for your velocity problem, it sounds like a spring issue.

k.macocker
12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
russic, I think you need a disclaimer with that one rotfl
although it's a good easy idea..
Kmac

t0nnn
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I'll end up puttin that thing thru a wall loll ...

I finally got the valve out, but detroyed the valve pin. My bro has a new evil valve kit that I can use so I'm gonna throw that in and see what happens. I cleaned the lower tube with alcohol and water and now it's actually clean

Any input on the evil valve...good ..bad?

Bulldog
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I think you'll find the general opinion of it is bad. Throw it away and get a stock valve. You should be able to find one in the classifieds here.....that is if kmac hasn't bought them all:p

t0nnn
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
well I can still use the stock valve i'll just have to get a new valve pin

russc
01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Shoulda shot it out :D

I've even used that technique to tech VM-68s without a valve tool.

Don't bother getting a new valve stem. They are cheezy plastic and the valve body is probably what is catching inside the body in the first place.

I say nuke it from orbit.

wiffle32
01-02-2008, 12:50 AM
I've got a stock valve here for 8 bucks.

But you could go buy a fancier one if the mood strikes. The Evil valve should be just fine...

t0nnn
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
thanks for the offer, I'm gonna throw the evil in for now and see how it goes..The evil valve comes with a plastic spring seat or something that goes on the front of the valve spring. Do I need to put this in? Does it actually do anything?

What should I do about oiling? I'm guessing the valve pin is delrin so should I not?

http://www.e-paintball.com/Evil-Autococker-Valve-Kit-p-18456.html

t0nnn
01-02-2008, 09:51 PM
ok, so i'm starting to think this body is a PIECE..The evil valve is doing the same thing, not lining up with the set screw hole (it's actually sitting worse). I even took the o-rings off the original valve and evil valve just to make sure they weren't the problem that the valve wasn't sliding forward anymore. Even tightening the Jam nut isn't helping and believe me it's tight to the point that it won't go any tighter..So i'm baffled right now....does anyone know of these bodies having problems like this?

I want to pump faces and I can't help me

pump
01-03-2008, 05:53 AM
my friend has a ballistics body that the valve wont fully side into the body, im gonna go take a look at it this weekend....ill take pics

t0nnn
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
cool, that would be great thanks

i'm going to call kee today and see if they will do anything

BigEvil
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Geeze Tony, you are all over the place looking for help with this thing :-) Make sure you bring it on Sunday so I can take a look.

t0nnn
01-08-2008, 12:49 AM
yeppp....everythings sitting in pieces. I'll bring it sunday, you'll prolly be taking it home:D

russc
01-12-2008, 06:38 AM
You know, worst comes to worst you can try polishing some of the annodizing out where the valve is seated. Put in some gritty polishing compound and you may be able to get the valve sliding in easier.