PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting the fidgets...

pummel u
02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm getting this back from the shop tommorrow. Whew, I cant wait until suitable weather, then again I may just bundle up. 4 months feels like forever, I may have to teach myself all over again lol. Anybody else getting twitches in their wrist?

pummel u
02-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Hmmm these arent the best, but I couldnt size the good pics down enough. So what is a good hosting site? This aint cuttin it.

CockerCraze
02-09-2008, 01:34 AM
:drool: ducati. would that be a naked monster?

pummel u
02-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Yep. Got a couple of more pics up. It's hard to tell in a couple of them but it is a monster dark model; this one in particular is a 600. It may not have the top end that some of its 4cylinder asian competitors have but man does it have tourqe! This is where it truley shines.

CockerCraze
02-09-2008, 01:46 AM
if i do get a bike it will be a ducati but im not sure when that will be. it looks like its brand new, what year?

pummel u
02-09-2008, 02:06 AM
It's a 2001. Previous owner rode it very little; it only had around 8200m on it when I bought it. I put near 1000mi on it within 4 months. I truly love this bike but if I were to buy another I definatly would not rule out an asian bike. Ducati's new 848 cost as much or more than a suzuki 1300 hayabusa, quite a difference considering the package. However, to me, there is so much presence to a Ducati of any model that temptations would still be strong. To me all new naked style bikes hail from the inspiration of the monster, it is just so mechanicaly honest, not to mention it looks like it means serious buisness.

FYI the mechanic told me that though Ducati builds awsome product, they tend to like general maintinence more frequently than a jap bike, thus one reason why you dont see as many. Just something to ponder if you seriously are considering one..

k.macocker
02-09-2008, 04:47 AM
yes I am.. but in a slightly different mode..

http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73457634.jpg

pummel u
02-09-2008, 05:03 AM
That resembles a yamaha engine...1100?

k.macocker
02-09-2008, 05:34 AM
That resembles a yamaha engine...1100?

yep!! like my cockers, I changed many things you can see, and a couple you can't see.. lol nothing fancy, I call it my poor man's harley..
Kmac

pummel u
02-09-2008, 06:08 AM
and a couple you can't see Oh so thats the Hopkinsville terror aye...

Yea, my dad owned a 650 when they came out, pearl and green; it was a nice bike, plus it was the closest thing that resembled a soft-tail heritage. Now he rides a electra-glide classic :) though he'd ride that yamaha any day. Compared to other import cruisers he rode around with that thing was low geared, I really liked the shaft drive. So ya, that engine, tank, and frame reminded me of something I had seen before. I'm really liking that solo setup there; that seat + the fender is a nice touch.

k.macocker
02-09-2008, 06:28 AM
from a 650 to a electra-glide classic ??? a bean don't burn on the grill, movin on up..

now that I think about it. I have a few items that I have not put on it yet.. humm.. stainless break lines.. I've had the stuff for a couple of years and don't remember anymore, lol now I'll have to do some diggin around tomorrow..
Kmac

pummel u
02-10-2008, 03:28 AM
a bean don't burn on the grill, movin on up.. What???? lol. Wow, never heard it put quite like that...I guess. It was a 91' that he got a good deal on.

Well I got it back today and guess what I saw on the show room floor. Anybody want to venture a guess as to what it would take to ride this off the floor??? I'll drop a hint so you can get a scope of what this thing is all about. 200hp:)

k.macocker
02-10-2008, 05:11 AM
maybe im showing my age.. the jeffersons theme song.. movin on up.. to a deluxe apartment, in the skyyyyyy..
lol..
Kmac

RavagersTC
02-10-2008, 02:47 PM
It's a 2001. Previous owner rode it very little; it only had around 8200m on it when I bought it. I put near 1000mi on it within 4 months. I truly love this bike but if I were to buy another I definatly would not rule out an asian bike. Ducati's new 848 cost as much or more than a suzuki 1300 hayabusa, quite a difference considering the package. However, to me, there is so much presence to a Ducati of any model that temptations would still be strong. To me all new naked style bikes hail from the inspiration of the monster, it is just so mechanicaly honest, not to mention it looks like it means serious buisness.

FYI the mechanic told me that though Ducati builds awsome product, they tend to like general maintinence more frequently than a jap bike, thus one reason why you dont see as many. Just something to ponder if you seriously are considering one..

I've never been a fan of suzukis bikes. The aesthetics don't catch my eye. My favorite motorcycle companies are MV Agusta and Kawasaki. The new MV F4 312RR is essentially the same bike as the F4 CC. Just in different packaging. Same engine. I just got done reading the newest Motorcyclist, and I'm really happy that Kawasaki got the 10R right. It's always been my favorite bike, and Kawasaki crammed 180hp into a bike that has great communication with the rider. Can't wait till I can buy one.

Oh and pummel u, is that the new Desmosedici?

pummel u
02-11-2008, 02:26 AM
maybe im showing my age.. the jeffersons theme song.. movin on up.. to a deluxe apartment, in the skyyyyyy..
lol..
Kmac Ha, ha... I thought thats what it was referenced from. The whole bean thing threw me off ;)

I've never been a fan of suzukis bikes. The aesthetics don't catch my eye. My favorite motorcycle companies are MV Agusta and Kawasaki. I have mixed feeling about Suzukis styling; the busa is something I can appreciate but it just doesnt make me want it by meerly looking at it like the 848 Ducati. I wouldnt mind havin an MV sittin by my monster though :cool:

Oh and pummel u, is that the new Desmosedici? Yes, yes it is my friend. By knowing only a little about its background I knew it was going to be a serious piece of kit when I saw it, along with a serious price. None the less, nothing had prepared me when one of the floor guys said I could have it for $73,000; honestly I think I left with a totally different colored pair of pants. I suppose that explained the "please do not sit" sign laying on the seat.

RavagersTC
02-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah, but at that price I would rather scrape up more and get an F4CC.

CockerCraze
02-11-2008, 03:26 AM
for that price i wouldn't get a bike! my fidgets are starting too now that you got me thinking about it! here is my hog!!http://www.mopedhospital.com/img/m10a.jpg yeah, i put a new pipe and modified the air box and it screams. this year its getting the big bore treatment.

Cobra427
02-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Pummel u - You sir have a great looking bike. I've always loved Monsters, classy, plenty of torque, and gorgeous styling.

pummel u
02-11-2008, 05:22 AM
And thank you good sir. This is the first motorcycle I have owned, and I think I done alright; I have wanted a bike for the past 3 years but college just kept taking away from my accounts. I ended up taking a break and fell into a well paying job for 5-6month to raise some more money for classes. Needless to say I felt a reward was in order rotfl I'm sorry I cant put my large pics up for you guys.

yeah, i put a new pipe and modified the air box and it screams Yea, I bet. Im sure you can hear that thing 2 miles away at full throttle!

RavagersTC
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
LOL @ weenie machine. rotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

abun
02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
this is mine..
wanna race?
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/5b/300px-Porschecub.JPG

pummel u
02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
this is mine..
wanna race?