PDA

View Full Version : A question on preferences for Free Flow Mid Block Bodies.

Vantrepes
03-08-2008, 12:47 AM
OK, so I have a few Free Flow bodies without feed tubes, and without back blocks, so I picked up a bunch of mid block parts, and I'm going to mid block all of them.
The feed tubes I have are raw aluminum, and the bodies are already anodized, so that leaves me in a quandary.
See, I never really cared how my guns look, I just cared how they shot. I guess that's why, after 13 or so years of playing paintball with cockers I ended up getting my first non-stock body last month, but I digress.
So, which would be a more attractive gun to you:
A: All black, with a matching feed tube
B: Fade anodized body or non-black (a few of them are solid colors, like Cobalt, and dark red), with a matching front block and ASA, and a black feed tube.

I'll have pictures of the bodies without feed tubes by the end of Saturday.

k.macocker
03-08-2008, 06:07 AM
maybe it's cheapier for you to do them all the same, but I think a few in each color, more heavily on the black, blue, etc.. then a couple that your not sure about. you may learn something from it, about folks preference that is....
maybe even a couple of splashes.. lol
but the basic solid colors are a def yes, especially black. not sure if you have the front blocks and vert asa either. if not then def basic colors, no splashes etc.. too hard to match to. maybe even sell a couple of raw kits..
Kmac

Vantrepes
03-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Each color is it's own batch, so two colors, red and black, would double the price, while three colors would triple it.
I guess they will be all black then.
Thanks guys, and keep an eye on the MPP site, there will be mid block Free Flow bodies coming soon :)

Ddbrewski
03-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Are they going to be /w or /wo eye holes? I just hope I can convince the Mrs. to let me get one.

Vantrepes
03-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Some are already drilled, some aren't. I have about 14 in all, and only 4 or 5 don't have feed tubes. The rest are fades, or solid colors straight from Pro.

wiffle32
03-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Well I guess the real truth is it doesn't matter to me. If they're solid black, it best be gloss!

Vantrepes
03-08-2008, 07:06 PM
A few would end up gloss black, and a few would end up dust.

RavagersTC
03-08-2008, 09:06 PM
what body style are they? Rhythm? Lotus? How much are you thinking of charging? Gloss black or a blue to black fade would be nice.

Vantrepes
03-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I have a few of both the Rhythm, and the Lotus bodies.
As for price, I have no idea yet. It depends on how much it's going to cost to anodize the ones that need the feed tubes, the milling, shipping stuff back and forth, and so on.

RavagersTC
03-09-2008, 01:39 AM
ah ok. id be interested in a lotus possibly. What kind of cuts are you thinking about for a midblock though? It isn't going to be straight down and ruin the body is it?

Vantrepes
03-09-2008, 02:43 AM
The sled will ride between the upper and lower tubes. The pin will ride in a vertical slot cut through the upper tube, and into the lower own, just like the 05 Black Magics. They will NOT be a Turtle/half block, where the rear half of the upper tube is completely removed.

MrJR
03-11-2008, 01:21 PM
^ Good choice. Gotta preserve the looks of those nice bodies.

Vantrepes
03-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Well, here are the bodies that will be available first:

Damn near brand new, and no eyes :) The fade effect is from the flash, not the ano.
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody1.JPG

The back end of this one is a lot darker in person. Much more of a dark purple than the blue it photographs as.
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody2.JPG

http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody3.JPG

A few dings on the high spots on this one, so I might just say screw it, and have the thing reanodized with the rest of them.
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody4.JPG

Some marks on the feed tube, but the body is in great shape. Sadly, the feed tube, and the ASA aren't a perfect match to the body.
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody5.JPG

Vantrepes
03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
A nice fade. I might keep this one :D
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody6.JPG

Another one damn close to perfect, and one of the few Lotus bodies I have.
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody7.JPG

And another in almost brand new condition, and again, no eyes.
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody8.JPG

And another one that's like new without eyes
http://www.moodypaintball.com/zen/images/ffbody9.JPG

RavagersTC
03-16-2008, 10:39 PM
I think I may be wanting one of those lotus bodies.....

Shenlongjragin
03-18-2008, 06:04 PM
i agree i would want a lotus body doesnt matter drilled for eyes or not

AzrealDarkmoon
03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Blue fade lotus....yummy,

wiffle32
03-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I haven't got any preference or deterrance from any of those! PM me when they're available PLZ! I've been waiting since, what, october?

Vantrepes
03-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Yea, I know wiff. Blame Worr for not having the parts :P

guillieyetti
03-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I soooo want one of those!! I hope I have the ca$h when they're ready!:(

CAT/J
03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
...its calling me...keeping me awake at night...I'm having inappropriate thoughts... I think I want it. I think I need it.

Vantrepes
03-23-2008, 01:58 AM
If it's really calling to you, then I would suggest becoming an Elite member, since they will have first shot at all of them.

guillieyetti
03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
I would suggest becoming an Elite member, since they will have first shot at all of them.

:mad::mad::mad:

WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY!!!???:mad::confused::(

Vantrepes
03-24-2008, 03:01 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY!!!???:mad::confused::(
Because I support this site.
I pay money out of my own pocket to this site as a sponsor to help keep it going. I don't write it off, and it doesn't come from MPP, it came out of my personal playing money.
My little forum here is a perk, but to be honest, it's not really anything I couldn't do elsewhere on the site. Maybe one of these days I'll get a banner to Bulldog, and he can put it up for me, but I'm not breaking my back at the moment to get it finished.
I did it because I like the site, and I want to see it continue to grow.

I was an elite member before I was a sponsor because I believe that this site is a good resource, not just for my customers, but for cocker owners in general.

Now, with all that being said, if by offering these bodies to Elite members first, and that drives a few extra people to become elite members, it serves both of my goals: It provides an extra perk to the people who are keeping this site running, and maybe it will motivate a few people to become new members to get the body they want.
It also generates a warm fuzzy feeling of the current Elite members that I do appreciate the fact that they have also paid their money to help support this site.

Of course, if you REALLY want the very first choice of all of the bodies, then I'll make a deal with you: You can buy the first body of the lot, any one of them (even the one I was looking at keeping for myself), but it will be for $400 for the kit.
With that money, I'll pay the $10 to make you an elite member. Hell, I'll pay for two years of Elite status, just to make it a better offer.
Sound fair? :cool:

guillieyetti
03-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Because I support this site.
I pay money out of my own pocket to this site as a sponsor to help keep it going. I don't write it off, and it doesn't come from MPP, it came out of my personal playing money.
My little forum here is a perk, but to be honest, it's not really anything I couldn't do elsewhere on the site. Maybe one of these days I'll get a banner to Bulldog, and he can put it up for me, but I'm not breaking my back at the moment to get it finished.
I did it because I like the site, and I want to see it continue to grow.

I was an elite member before I was a sponsor because I believe that this site is a good resource, not just for my customers, but for cocker owners in general.

Now, with all that being said, if by offering these bodies to Elite members first, and that drives a few extra people to become elite members, it serves both of my goals: It provides an extra perk to the people who are keeping this site running, and maybe it will motivate a few people to become new members to get the body they want.
It also generates a warm fuzzy feeling of the current Elite members that I do appreciate the fact that they have also paid their money to help support this site.

I agree.

WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY-WHY!!!???

^^sarcasm^^

wiffle32
03-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Well, Van kinda got to the lesser points...

But mostly it's because Elite members are cooler and Van is weak against peer pressure.

rotfl

Vantrepes
03-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Yea, I'm a sucker for peer pressure... That's why I have HK tattooed on my ass, and I shoot a private label shocker.

Sorry, my sarcasm meter has been off line since I got married. Too many times it gave false reading, and I had to start ducking flying pots and pans.

guillieyetti
03-25-2008, 02:44 AM
I agree with wiff, now that I've given this site the once over I thing I might become an elite member... (what's ten bucks, right?)...that is, IF I can get dad to let me use his paypal:rolleyes:. (is it paypal??)

Sorry, my sarcasm meter has been off line since I got married. Too many times it gave false reading, and I had to start ducking flying pots and pans.

well, you're most likely safer that way...

wiffle32
04-02-2008, 04:00 AM
*taps foot*

Vantrepes
04-02-2008, 09:53 AM
*taps foot*
*places nail under tapping foot*

I'm working on it BAN

Vantrepes
04-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Good news, bad news.
Good news first: In the interests of getting these things done, I am using a local machinist, and he just gave me back the test body that he milled. Works perfectly.

Bad news: He's local, and will be able to get them done faster, but he costs more. The price is going to be between $190 and $235 per kit, depending on the condition of the body.

Now, if you really want a specific body, become an Elite member, because they are able to call dibs in about 2 minutes.

Edit: OK, more like two hours, but I was busy eating, and playing games with my kids. Live with it :)

dbkid0486
04-09-2008, 02:05 AM
id want them in fades....but thats imo...like 2 or 3 color fades for me

guillieyetti
04-10-2008, 02:10 AM
CRAP! I just ran out of cash...like...yesterday:mad:

Vantrepes
04-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, they are finished. See the link in my signature if you are interested in buying one.

abun
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
do you have some pics of sample?
maybe i could decide better that way.
:)

Edit: Sorry, didnt see your last post about those pics in your sig. :P

matt3
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Van,
Is it possible to send you a current freeflow and have you do the midblock on it? What would be the cost of you midblocking a customer's freeflow body, and can you get it reannoed as well? I would be looking to have a lotus midblocked and have it annoed black/od green dust acid wash.

Thanks

Matt

Vantrepes
06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
I have a couple of extra mid block parts kits, so I could sell you those, but I don't do machine work on customers bodies other than drilling the eyes. There is just too much that can go wrong that would be out of my control.
If you take it to a local machinist, I am sure they would be able to do it for you.

dave46544
07-25-2008, 07:42 PM
never mind i should hve read ahead

No1bushman
09-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey Van do you have a spare bolt pin? Mine will slide into the chamber if bumped and is murder to get back up.

If you dont do you know someone that does?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/No1bushman/midblockedFFRythm1.jpg

Vantrepes
09-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Hey Van do you have a spare bolt pin? Mine will slide into the chamber if bumped and is murder to get back up.

If you dont do you know someone that does?

If the pin is too easy to slide into the bolt, then just tighten the ball detente in the back of the bolt. Sorry, I don't have any extra pins.