PDA

View Full Version : Tuning sniper vs autococker

blue_baron
04-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi all, I'm just about ready to convert my bone stock 03 VF to a sniper and I would like to make it as efficient as possible so that I can use a smaller tank. That being said, would tuning a sniper be different than tuning a normal autococker? Are different springs/input pressures required? Any info you experts could give me would be great.

Tesko
04-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Depends if you're using HPA or Co2. Co2 likes low volume, HPA likes high flow. I'd say it is infact easier, since it's a simpler system.

blue_baron
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I'll be using HPA. I may invest in a 13ci tank since I feel my 68/45 is overkill on a pump. The only upgrade on the marker is a shockteck bolt. The valve, springs and hammer are all stock. I assume investing in a spring kit would be a good idea?

pump
04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
what your aims are when you tune a sniper is different than a cocker

both was light main spring tenstions, efficiency and consistency, but the sniper2 will get hammer bounce if you tune your sniper2 like a cocker.......well in my expierences when i took a perfectly tunned cocker and turned it into a sniper it had hammer bounce

here is my ranting on how to eliminate hammer bounce
http://www.hawaiipb.com/index.php/topic,12.0.html

blue_baron
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Well just to update, I finally got to use my new pump two nights ago and there was indeed hammer bounce, which sounds really annoying! I'll look into swapping out springs and such and see how that goes.