PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need your opinion??? NEW PICTURES!!

k.macocker
01-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I need some opinions and ideas of what color combo to surround this beauty with. This is a grey body, and I want to surround it completely with a secondary color. I aready have a rdl surrounded with gloss black. I like it but want something different on this one. And I def don't want chrome. So are there any other colors that someone would suggest that may go well with this body.
All opinions are welcome..
http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73237480.jpg

TheFRC
01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I'ld go with something that is a stark contrast. I have a silver/purple cocker that doesn't look half bad.

Green would get you "hard to find" points. Red would be kinda neat...

k.macocker
01-22-2007, 08:26 PM
lets see some pics of this silver/purple marker, lol
Kmac

killerb68
01-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Nice Jackal,I think blue would look good....whatever color you choose it will look excellent....I was watching that body also.

Bulldog
01-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Why not have the whole body kit anodized?

I'm thinking red/orange/yellow reverse fade splash :)

k.macocker
01-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Why not have the whole body kit anodized?

I'm thinking red/orange/yellow reverse fade splash :)

that would be something like my thoughts, maybe at a later time in life, lol.. but I have enough $$$ into it to sink another 200+ on it for color only. The ano is actually excellent other than the scratch by the pull pin hole.
Kmac

sfstevers
01-23-2007, 12:25 AM
wow. you did get the bad boy. Nice win for you champ. Can't wait to see the final product. Are you going mechanical, electro or wait how about a nice ccm pump kit :) Yeah I like the last one better.

k.macocker
01-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I can't believe you even asked about electro it!!!

slider baby.. at worst ccm swing.

looking back, I should have bought that phase III, then I would have 1 of each jackal body, lol... (I think)

Kmac

sfstevers
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
If you're interested in it LMK. Maybe we can work something out. Haven't thought what I wanted to do with it. I have a complete dye front kit and thought about putting my CCM J2 swing on it. still tinkering with ideas.

Railgun
01-23-2007, 03:34 AM
You know.... I sort of like the muted look of the grey and the way it lets the machining details stand out. What about sticking with grey but then highlight it with just the small parts? And I'm thinking that some brass and grey would be pretty sweet. Brass cocking rod, chromed detents with the chrome sanded or electro'd away to expose the brass, brass scres to hold it all together, etc,etc.

I think Barbs on ebay still has some grey ANS slider frames. And if you could get a grey barrel tip to go with a kit that would finish it up.

Or I was looking at the White Wolf Airsmithing barrels and they look like they are a muted alloy or grey finish. And they have on that takes Freak inserts for barrel sizing.

That's an amazing body and back block.

k.macocker
01-23-2007, 04:09 AM
thanks rail. I somewhat had the same idea, I don't want a color to overpower the pweter, that is why I was thinking all dust black. I think it would allow the milling to stand out and still accent nicely..
what do you think. I have a brand new dust black benchmark too. hehe..

Believe me, I thought of more grey. But the prob with ANS grey is it usually has a purplish tint to it (that I have delt with) and I think it would clash. As far as any chrome, I have 2 cockers with chrome and promised myself I would never do any more chrome again. lol..
Kmac

Spazdoc
01-23-2007, 05:08 AM
Perhaps silver and blue....

k.macocker
01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Latest pics to give an idea of color combo's:

http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73449170.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73449176.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73449174.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73449177.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/k_macocker/image/73449167.jpg

TheFRC
01-23-2007, 01:25 PM
oh god blue.

Not even close. blue looks the best hands down...

I'll put up before and after pics of my chrome/purple cocker since the before pictures are scary, and the after pics don't look half bad.

Tesko
01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Get it re-annoed. Stick with the stock color as the base, and have a black sponge on top.

Medic49675
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Green green green.

BTW It is nice to know someone who will appreciate it is who beat my bid.

:P

k.macocker
01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Tesko, do you have a link to a pic of this??

Medic49675,
didn't know that was you, but yes, it will get lots of love... lol...
Kmac

audiopro74
01-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Another vote for blue. Although I think a nice dark purple might look good too.

Cossar
01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Definitely blue.

Spazdoc
01-23-2007, 07:56 PM
I told you blue is best :D

killerb68
01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I was the first one to suggest blue:D

sfstevers
01-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Go Blue bro.

Tripod
01-23-2007, 11:46 PM
clear body + gloss blue accents

Spazdoc
01-24-2007, 12:04 AM
I was the first one to suggest blue:D

You are right... missed that. I like blue anyway.

k.macocker
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
so it seems blue is the crowd favorite, but here is the issue I see. there are sooo many different shades of blue parts. and if they don't match they look rediculous. the few parts I had were all different color of blue. and then I found a blue eclipse ram to throw on there and it was a 4th shade of blue. So here's the deal, if I go with dust black I already have the grip frame (slider)and ebay has dust black jackhammer II's right now. and I have a dust mini vert asa on the way too. and dust is pretty much dust. and this is all a mood point since some day I would love to do a splash anno on this bad boy to really set it off..
so now beat me with your thoughts... (but don't hurt me now)
Kmac

TheFRC
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM
you want to do black. do it.

As GranpappyFRC used to say "ain't nothin' wrong with black and silver"

If you decide to go dust black, look into beadblasting the body to match finishes.. you know. If you're into that.

audiopro74
01-25-2007, 03:20 AM
so it seems blue is the crowd favorite, but here is the issue I see. there are sooo many different shades of blue parts. and if they don't match they look rediculous. the few parts I had were all different color of blue. and then I found a blue eclipse ram to throw on there and it was a 4th shade of blue. So here's the deal, if I go with dust black I already have the grip frame (slider)and ebay has dust black jackhammer II's right now. and I have a dust mini vert asa on the way too. and dust is pretty much dust. and this is all a mood point since some day I would love to do a splash anno on this bad boy to really set it off..
so now beat me with your thoughts... (but don't hurt me now)
Kmac

Quit playing the pocket-book blues. No pun intended. Start collecting the pieces you want to make it the way you want it. Take the money you said you have for anno, and do it. I think a darker dust would be the ticket.:cool:
You can throw the blue splash on later, and it will just accentuate what you have allready done. Or, Just save a vew more washingtons, and do it all at once, before the unveiling....;)

Spazdoc
01-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Check out this sliver/blue cocker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-FreeFlow-Rhythm-E-Cocker-Zero-B-Freak-barrel_W0QQitemZ320075515100QQihZ011QQcategoryZ472 51QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TheFRC
01-26-2007, 11:13 AM
note on that silver and blue cocker there are 3 shades of blue. beavertail, front/back block, and asa.

I'm not counting the barrel... ;)

k.macocker
01-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Mines not silver, but pweter/grey. and the different shades of blue is not cool at all..
that blue/silver is ugly.. imo.. lol.. Not much on silver though..
Kmac

Shadow
01-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Check out this sliver/blue cocker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-FreeFlow-Rhythm-E-Cocker-Zero-B-Freak-barrel_W0QQitemZ320075515100QQihZ011QQcategoryZ472 51QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why is it when most E-Bay ads say, "Rare", what they really mean is some color combination that looks awful?

Afraid I'm not much help in the color suggestion department. For some reason, I tend towards black dust for everything <laugh>.

Spazdoc
01-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, just like I wanna slap everyone that says they have a 1 of 1 anything.

No, you do not.

If I run over an ion with my car, it does not make it 1 of 1. Neither does anno.

k.macocker
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
this is what was said on an ebay auction for an all stock trillogy with double swing frame.. lol

WGP AUTOCOCKER PRO PAINTBALL GUN

*NOTE*- THIS MARKER IS A PROFESSIONAL PAINTBALL GUN..

NO RESERVE!

Tesko
01-27-2007, 02:33 AM
http://www.doropaintball.com/images/grey_stripe_sponge_autocock.jpg

It's a Steel gray sponge on black stripes.

Cossar
01-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Oh man, do that fo sho!

Railgun
01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Tesko's ano is amazing but I think on Kmac's body the milling and ano would fight each other and neither would win. The fine and technical milling needs to stand out on it's own. And a sing'e color does that and lets the light shadows stand out proud.

FWIW I like the muted blues a lot but not as much as the simple "tech" look of the Benchmark single and simple checkered grips. Some more pewter ano would be sweet but not unless it can match. Pewter pneumatics are really needed to set it off nice. Or at least the supplied pewter front block and black pneumatics. If you can get pewter pneumatics then a black barrel would be fine. Or if you go for black pneumatics then a pewter barrel is a must or the main body would be pewter in isolation and that would look "patchy" as well.

GAWD, that is one sweet looking body. Treat 'er well or we may have to revoke your Cocker Club Card.... :D