decided to remove the 90 degree elbow from the regulator and squished the
threads on the elbow any ways I had the regulator on the gun when I
removed the elbow now it wont come apart and i have the colar off the vl on
the regulator i really dont want to mess it up so any advise would be
appreciated how can i remove the collar with out crushing the regulator

Dees_Troy
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
jgilk1, some advice:
Use periods. Divide your thoughts into complete sentences. Take a few minutes to clearly state your problem instead of spastically typing everything the second it comes to mind. The quality of the answers to your questions are directly correlated to the quality of the question asked.

wiffle32
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
ok i dont know much about and am not familiar
with vl maxis rg gun but man that stinks about
the reg elbow and i think you can buy new ones
at the paintball store if there is one near you i
havent found the one near me yet but last time
i had trouble with my reg being stuck i just used
a strap wrench to get it off but you probably
dont want to use that one on your vl cuz its
probably pretty crappy but anyway good luck

rotfl Sorry, just wanted to see what it was like. Hope you can read the answer to your troubles.

AzrealDarkmoon
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
What exactly do you mean by crushing the elbow into the regulator? Also by the collar, not being to terribly familiar with the Maxis RG. Is it the vertical asa?

jgilk1
05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
where the ss line screws in to the elbow i squished the edge so the threads are no londer round its no problem now i got the elbow out this morning.

geting an new elbow in not a problem i work in a hardware store and i know from exrerence the elbows are rated to 1200 psi which is not an issue cause ill never run that much pressure through it

as for the collar it adapts the asa to 1/4" thread that screws in to the bottom of the gun.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/2995000-2995999/2995484_62_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/2995000-2995999/2995484_63_full.jpg

as for quality right now it's the best quality i own and has never given me any trouble till now

AzrealDarkmoon
05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Ahhhh, strap wrench is probably your best bet. If that doesn't work you can wrap the collar with the end of the strap wrench and put it in a bench vice, then use that extra leverage to get it off, though you have to be REALLY careful if you don't want to scratch either part.

jgilk1
05-05-2008, 11:59 PM
i got the collar off with out a problem using the strap wrench now is seperating the two halves so i can position it correctly in the new gun when i get it.

scratch marks don't bother me that much nothing emery cloth and spray paint cant fix.

I tried the strap wrench and a pipe vise but the damn thing wont budge.

I dont know how thick the side wall is so i don't want to use a cheater bar on the back of the strap wrench for leverage.

Any suggestions?

by the way i got the new elbow its rated for 1250 psi down to 15 degrees f it should work for now...

Andrewliu6294
05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
If you're using CO2, it won't work at all. CO2 can regularly get above 1200psi, thats why the burst disks on the tanks are rated for 3000.

Also, CO2 will chill the reg and the line during rapid firing. Whether or not it'll get to 15* I'm not sure, but that's still a safety risk.

What's wrong with the stock reg on the trilogy? It may be difficult to adjust, but chances are it's better than the one on the Viewloader.

jgilk1
05-06-2008, 01:30 AM
i got it all fixed returned the brass elbow and went down to my guru and picked up a paint ball rated elbow.

Its still brass and i paid $1 less for it he said it will work the same as the factory one

I also fixed the reg so that is positioned offset like i wanted it just took alot of swering and a very nice shave job guess i need to re paint the reg after all... since iam a fan of chrome (both the metal amd the song) i will see about having the whole darn thing annoed in chrome or using instant chrome... to be continued...

I have decided that I will keep the reg on the vl and when i get the money i will have the local shop order me a quality reg and accurate gauge.