PDA

View Full Version : Anno job?

lonegunm4n
05-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I'd thought I'd post this up here to get people's opinion on. I'm thinking about getting this particular anno job done on one of my e-cockers.

I've got too many milsim players at my field, and it wouldn't do to ask them, because it's not "camo"

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7680/viego1jm0.jpg

Any suggestions as to what I should and shouldn't get anno'd? It is an e-cocker after all.

blackmagic71
05-05-2008, 11:23 PM
What anno schemes do you like? Its your marker. It doesnt matter what we think.

That marker does look pretty cool tho.

Listessa
05-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I've always been partial to red and black, so I think it would look nice.

As for what you want, I'd say get it all match annoed if it is within your price range. Especially if you go for a splash, I think it would really look out of place if parts were left as a plain black or red rather than matched.

Take all that with a grain of salt, since I'm really particular when it comes to stuff like that. Honestly, I am half contemplating custom painting my red car to match some of my favorite red, black, and silver guns. It's a sickness. ;)

Zipity_Bop
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I think it's pretty cool.. post up some pic's of your gun...

sorry to hijack but is it possible to do the black in dust and the red polished?

wiffle32
05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
sorry to hijack but is it possible to do the black in dust and the red polished?

By process, yes. But for That particular pattern, I doubt you'll find anyone willing to take the time to do it.

k.macocker
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I think it's pretty cool.. post up some pic's of your gun...

what wiff said, it could be done, but it would take a looooong time.

I like the black red, but if your a "camo" or woods type guy. do that in black/green or even black blue rather than the black/red. but you would be suprised how little folks don't notice your marker color in woods play, the hopper and your head are what stands out..

that is a nice pattern,
good luck,
Kmac

lonegunm4n
05-07-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm not much of a camo guy. I wear a bright purple jersey after all......

So what can't or shouldn't get anno'd? I don't want to send it off to get anno'd, and end up screwing it up because I got something anno'd I shouldn't have.

AzrealDarkmoon
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Care to post pics of your cocker? If all your pnues are black and your reg is black you could get away with doing the body and frame and barrel. Likewise if your pnues are chrome.

k.macocker
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
if its aluminum, you can anno it. some say if it has been chromed it will never anno right, some say they can do it..

you should talk to someone who actually does annoing...

good luck,
Kmac

lonegunm4n
05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
you should talk to someone who actually does annoing...

As a matter of fact, I already have. He told me that he could anno anything as long it was metal. However, I was not sure if there were any particular things I shouldn't anno, like the pnues, etc, which is why I asked in the first place. However, since you seem to be treating me like I haven't done my homework, I will take that question elsewhere.

Listessa
05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
As a matter of fact, I already have. He told me that he could anno anything as long it was metal. However, I was not sure if there were any particular things I shouldn't anno, like the pnues, etc, which is why I asked in the first place. However, since you seem to be treating me like I haven't done my homework, I will take that question elsewhere.

Pneus can be match annoed. I've seen a few of the older wild splash annoed cockers with matching pneus. :) I think maybe some people just don't tend to do that since they think of that as more of a disposable part. I mean if someone decides they don't feel like rebuilding it or can't find some new guts, then later down the road you will no longer have a match annoed part.

Good luck with your new anno. From what I've heard from different people and places options are only as limited as your wallet.

k.macocker
05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Now I have more time to give a "lengthy" answer..

lol, another expample of lack of facial expression over the internet. I ment nothing offensive at all.
My point is, some anno guys say you can't anno a part correctly after it has been chromed, some say they can do it without any blochy problems. so speak with the anno guy to find out his experience with striping chrome parts. It was a problem for me once, it made the solid blue sort of blochy, but I bead blasted the parts myself before sending them, so I can't blame him. The blochy was very light, and I think can be done without blochy.

as far as anything that is metal being annoed, not true. as far as paintball usage, aluminum is the only thing that can be annoed. steel, stainless steel, brass, etc cannot be annoed. but can be e-coated or powdered coated.

So if you purchase the right parts (aluminum only) you can anno pretty much every part to match. I have seen it done on occations.. and it looks very nice.

Kmac