PDA

View Full Version : carbin fiber

TampaMassacrepb
06-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I just got a new fbm bod for a project and want to get as many carbin fiber parts including stiff, ccm handel , stiffi bolt. i want just woundering if anyone worked with carbin vinyl. i hern you can wrap stuff and make it look carbin. but not shure please lmk. thanks

Dees_Troy
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Not to nit-pick, but it's carbon and not carbin.

Carbon vinyl is just a sticker with a pattern on it that looks like carbon fiber weave. Go to an auto parts store and they probably carry some kind of "carbon fiber dash kit" or something like that. Most of the stuff I have seen is obviously not carbon fiber close up, but at 10 foot, no one's going to be able to tell the difference. It will be difficult to get the sticker stuff to conform to any kind of complex milling or a sight rail. Depending on where you put it, it could end up messing with tolerances due to the added thickness of the sticker.

TampaMassacrepb
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Not to nit-pick, but it's carbon and not carbin.

Carbon vinyl is just a sticker with a pattern on it that looks like carbon fiber weave. Go to an auto parts store and they probably carry some kind of "carbon fiber dash kit" or something like that. Most of the stuff I have seen is obviously not carbon fiber close up, but at 10 foot, no one's going to be able to tell the difference. It will be difficult to get the sticker stuff to conform to any kind of complex milling or a sight rail. Depending on where you put it, it could end up messing with tolerances due to the added thickness of the sticker.

but could you do things like cover a ball detent or back block:confused::confused: