PDA

View Full Version : ASR + MQ2 = FAIL!...help...

Handle
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Excuse me Mr. Vantrepes. I saw another thread where a guy asked if you could install his MQ2. If i sent you my ASR and MQ2, would you be able to time it for me. When i tried to follow your timing tutorial i was having trouble. 3 cases of marbalizers later, no luck. Then when i went to air it up again to try and time it, my ram was leaking from the trv. After i pulled apart the ram i found that the bumper in the ram towards the back had been shredded and pieces of it got into the trv. I tried to dig it out and ended up pulling out the diaphragm cup inside the trv and i couldn't take THAT apart to fix the ram. Now i have to send it in to WGP (in Neosho) to get another ram and hopefully they'll sell me a seperate ram as well. When it gets back i don't want to start that all over again as i couldn't figure out what was wrong. I also don't want to give up on my MQ2 like i did the last one (MQ1) because its gonna end up in a pump (like my last one).
Now i must tell you that when i first installed the MQ2 into the ASR it shot really fast but the kick was terrible and it was really loud. At first i thought it shot loud but after playing with it more, i found that it wasn't the ball firing. It was the marker cycling. I know that sounds weird but when i lowered the lpr it sounded 100x better. Shooting one ball at a time it shot like a dream but speed it up and i had drop off oozing out or every pore. I wanted to lower the LPR to pinch paint (or my finger to be exact) but i couldn't get the ASR timed correctly after that. I'll send you the ASR, MQ2 and the extra ram (if i can get it) and if that doesn't work, then i'll order a robtown valve for it and throw the MQ2 in a pump. And to top it all off, i have to pay for all the repairs and parts because of user error and i can't find my original receipt. I've waited forever for this gun and the MQ2 and i don't wanna shelve this gun. Can you help me out? Please?

Vantrepes
06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, I can take a shot at it, but the most likely cause of the problems are the Worr-Frame board, and the LPR it's self.
The SR comes with a board without an adjustable dwell setting. It's what ever WGP decided would be best, which I think is 5ms or so. To compensate for that, you have to balance the input pressure against the spring tension, and see where it comes out at.
The small bore WGP LPRs don't have the greatest recharge rate, or input to output ratio, so running them at a very low output can cause shoot down problems.
Once you get the parts all together, shoot me an e-mail through the MPP site, and we can take it from there.

Handle
06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
you are the man. I knew there was something wrong with the timing part of this marker. i'm just glad somebody figured it out.

dbkid0486
07-05-2008, 01:30 PM
i think its an SR...not an ASR

Handle
07-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Autococker SR

dbkid0486
07-05-2008, 08:01 PM
oh i just havent heard anyone refer to it like that before