PDA

View Full Version : Guys, you have to see this...

Byte
02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
I came across this stuff looking for some old AIR stuff. Check out some of my posts from the day, I had an opinion on everything :p

http://p199.ezboard.com/fdefiantboardautococker?page=2

You'll actually see my first plug for AIR in there in 02. Funny.

Just don't get into the Millennium stuff. I loved my Millies, I still have one!

Wolf13
02-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Nice, not many of those little forums still around. Lots of fun little mentions there.

Vantrepes
02-16-2007, 12:47 AM
When AIR was down for a little while, I set up a temp site. I wonder if it's still going, and if I could find it.

Vantrepes
02-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Found it: http://airpowered.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
And what's the first thing I find in a thread I opened? Spencer...... Those of you who were on AIR during his little hissy fits need nothing more than the name. Those that weren't, well, count yourself lucky.

Whodat1004
02-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Found it: http://airpowered.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
And what's the first thing I find in a thread I opened? Spencer...... Those of you who were on AIR during his little hissy fits need nothing more than the name. Those that weren't, well, count yourself lucky.

Yeah I remember. What ever happened to wiffle? I remember he had a little web page set up to post all of his videos and pictures; I had it bookmarked until I reformatted my hard drive.

Cunha
07-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I like this post by vantrepes

"Yup, when I saw Spencer post the URL. I went and looked, and, well, that board is going to show people WHY we have the rules we do.
Feel free to continue it, just like the guys on www.autococker.com tried. As you can see, their site was hacked, and they are so motivated to fix it, it's still hacked....
They had a direct copy of AIR, from the headers, to the format, to the color scheme. What they didn't have was any type of control, the mods, or the members that AIR did. In short, they lacked a reason for people to go there over AIR.

By the way, that site has been up for about two days, and has 25 members. This one has been up for about 18 hrs, and has more......."

I mostly enjoy the part about autococker.com's site never coming back after a hack =/

I want my air-powered.com back.

Vantrepes
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
The difference is that they had a hackers banner up for weeks or months, and no one bothered to replace it. Sacker was working on the site, and eventually was able to fix the board. That's why the temp site fell into disuse after the 8th.

With AIR, myself, and at least three other mods tried to remove the bad code after the server was hacked, but because it was a server problem, all we could do was to band-aid it until the virus kicked back in again. It was Sacker that pulled the site, and never bothered to put it back up, not the rest of the staff.
People, myself included, have spent a good chunk of time trying to get the content back, but because Sacker is MIA, we can't.

AzrealDarkmoon
07-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I have sent 2 letters to the letter on the domain registar contact address which I assume is family/fathers business since the business is Little Service Gas Electirc or somesuch, and I beleive sackers name is ?Kyle Little? Alas no luck.

Az

drg
07-20-2007, 12:33 AM
The loss of air-powered contributed to the downturn in the cocker market. I am sure of it! haha

Bulldog
07-20-2007, 02:14 AM
The loss of air-powered contributed to the downturn in the cocker market. I am sure of it! haha

Well then the forums here should contribute to a turnaround in the cocker market, don't you think? :D

drg
07-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately the damage already seems done. But it couldn't hurt!

Cunha
07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Vant - I didnt mean to be jabbing at you. Thanks for the explanation though.

This is a great site, I dont know if it will ever be as known as air-powered though.