PDA

View Full Version : best way to "undrill"?

customxphoto
09-14-2008, 03:48 PM
like many of its brothers, my orracle pump is drilled for eyes. :(

so my question is:

wut do you do to plug it up?

epoxy? rubber cement? jb weld?

wuts the best way?

or do you just leave it?

k.macocker
09-14-2008, 05:09 PM
most just leave it.
it won't hurt anything either, just not pretty to look at :(
Kmac

Chefdave
09-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Just avoid looking at that side. ;)

drg
09-16-2008, 08:10 AM
You could put a nice screw and plate on it.

jt_trouble
09-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I just cut a regular eye cover in half and reinstalled it.

Paco
09-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Or thread it and screw a small set screw into the hole. Make sure it is not so long it extends into the upper tube though.
It's really not worth the trouble.

LudavicoSoldier
09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Cant someone whip up a small plate, in both raw and black, to cover these holes? It seems so simple, and there are plenty enough machinists between here and MCB. Someone just do it! Please!

customxphoto
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Cant someone whip up a small plate, in both raw and black, to cover these holes? It seems so simple, and there are plenty enough machinists between here and MCB. Someone just do it! Please!

indeed

it is madness

there are millions to be made BANBANBAN

Railgun
10-02-2008, 05:30 AM
My own favourite reply has always to be to go and find a japanese sword menuki and add a little threaded stud on the back and screw it into place. Menuki are the little mascot figurines that fit under the cord wrapping on the handles.

I figure that if they are good luck for sword fighters they should bring ninja like shooting and dodging skills to those sporting them on their autocockers and snipers.... :D

Tesko
10-02-2008, 06:30 AM
The thing about making aluminum eye "patches";

1. There's only 1 threaded hole to attach to on the body, and having a boss raised on the back to fit in the actual eye hole wouldn't work well since so many eye jobs are botched and those two holes aren't properly aligned. This would make it look crooked, and people would doubt the quality of the patch, not the quality of the job on the body.

2. For such a small part to be economical after you look at machining costs, you'd need to make large batches, which need the appropriately large amount of capital, ie. moola. People wouldn't want to pay $30-$40 for such a piece, so quantity is required.

avtech2
10-02-2008, 06:57 AM
This is why bodies should never again be drilled. I have heard people say that the will still do it, but there are enough bodies out there already drilled. I ran an Eblade for 4 years without eyes because it wasn't drilled. I was going to turn it back into a mech, but ended up trading it for a Martin that was already drilled. Now that there aren't anymore being produced, every body drilled is on less undrilled. Please stop the madness. If it's drilled, run an Eblade. If it's undrilled, DON'T.

DocRock
10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
With most hoppers these days you can even run a ramping 13.3 bps cocker without eyes.

I ran one at 15.4 for a whole season with the chops numbering less then 5. Eyes are definitely not a necessity.