PDA

View Full Version : Good Evenning Mr. 'Trepes!

Handle
09-23-2008, 05:53 AM
I tried to order some MQ2 parts and you were out. Any idea when you'll be getting more in? Also, i saw that you can get rams with the magnetic band for F5's. Does SMC make their own kind of HES or Reed Switches to use on that particular ram? If so and if i need them, can i order through you or am i on my own. Also the marker i'm using will have an MQ2 in it. Should i stick with the 1" stroke or can i get crazy and go 3/4" stroke.

Vantrepes
09-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Right now, I don't have an order pending with them, so I don't know when I would be ordering. That's why I refunded your payment, I just didn't know when the parts would be on hand, and I didn't want to hold your money hostage if you found them available somewhere else.
I have a few reed switches I used on a Link Feed variant, one from SMC ($35 bucks.... I wasn't thrilled to say the least), and a few non-SMC switches with about the same OD, so they should fit the F5 clamps.
A .75" ram might sound cool, but it won't work. The 1" throw rams move the bolt out of the breach, and past the feed tube. A shorter ram won't clear the feed tube with a stock bolt. If you cut the stock bolt down, the ball wouldn't be chambered into the breach, running the risks of breaking balls on the barrels edge, and hellish blowback.

Handle
09-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the info. And you coulda held my money. The only reason i'm not ordering from them is cause they don't offer it in pieces. I'm giving up on the ASR and want to sell it complete with an MQ2. Thanks for the info on the ram though. I'm gonna have a friend wire some switches to a ram for me. I have a clippard catalog that he can look at to see if he can do what i want. $35 is kinda high though. Thanks again, Peace.

Vantrepes
09-25-2008, 01:53 AM
The SMC switches were $35, the non-SMC switches were $6 or 7 if I recall correctly. Last time I checked, Clippard had something similar, but it was much larger than the SMC version.

f1zz
09-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Are you just out of MQ2 parts or or MQ2s all together?

*edit* I'm looking for a brand new MQ2. If you have one, can you hold it for me and let me know? I'm just unwilling to take a stab at it and end up with $125 in paypal instead of my bank account.

Vantrepes
09-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I have a couple of standard mq kits on hand, and a few spacers and complete valve bodies. I am currently out of complete solenoid housings, and rebuild kits.

f1zz
09-29-2008, 03:15 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the info. You just sold an MQ

shiftyrides
09-29-2008, 04:31 AM
looking to get an Mq valve installed you interested van?

Vantrepes
09-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Right now, I'm not taking in any new work. I have to finish up what I have, and take care of family issues before I can accept anything new.

paintball sycho
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
ay idea when you will be getting mor mq2's in?

Vantrepes
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
No idea right now. My family issues have trumped just about everything at the moment.

shiftyrides
10-01-2008, 01:33 AM
No worries Van. family comes first, hope all is well.

Thanks,

Shifty

paintball sycho
10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
family always comes first, figured i would ask though.

Handle
10-02-2008, 01:12 AM
So you do have valve bodies. For an ASR?