Thread: How to make poppet seals

How to make poppet seals

Van, Anyone,

How do I go about making a new poppet seal. I need a new seal really bad. Also what are the oring numbers for the MQ valve bodies?

thanks for any info

Update: I found the actual info on what the seals are and sizes
    Replacement Parts

This is a list of the more commonly available replacement parts. Note that a special punch is needed to make the poppet seal.

Orings on 11/16" Valve Body 11/16"od x 1/16" -015 70 duro buna Obtain from hardware or auto parts store

Oring on Front of Standard Valve Body 1/2od x 1/16" -012 70 dura buna Obtain from hardware or auto parts store

Oring Between Pilot and Valve Body 1/2od x 1/16" -012 70 duro buna Obtain from hardware or auto parts store

Poppet Reciprocating Seal 3/8od x 1/16" -010 70 duro buna Obtain from hardware or auto parts store

Oring on Outside of Standard Valve Body (see above) 5/8od x 1/16" -014 70 duro buna Obtain from hardware or auto parts store

Poppet Face Seal 1/16" thick 90 duro urethane Punch from urethane sheet

Urethane Dot (end of solenoid plunger) 3/16dia x 1/16" 90 duro urethane Punch from urethane sheet and superglue in place

How do you punch seals out of these sheets? Who has the ablility to make poppet seals if they need a special punch?
    Last edited by bigog_68; 12-30-2008 at 08:59 PM.

the version 2 has the seal and version one uses oring. it will depend on which version u have. i know the mq guys do not have the oring for version 1 but u can find it where they sale oring. i think the mq guys will still have the ones for the mq2.

I currently have an MQ2, I heard back from the mqvalve.com site and they said they could sell me some seals.. so i got my fingers crossed that they come in and that they solve my leak problems

i had a brand new mq2 and there was something wrong with the seal even though it was new. have u tried flipping it over or tightening the screw?

Yes I flipped the seal around, right now I know its the problem because its ripped. I still had the leak before the rip. I sent the gun off to a guy who works on them alot in spare time, he got the valve to work on a worr frame SF board, and a zero B 1.2 board - I have a 1.1 board and I think it may be the problem - i dunno.

the board will do nothing to cause the valve to leak