Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The .50 Cal paintball debate

I am still not sold on how they are going to make it hurt less, have the same breaking power and shoot just as far as a 68 round. I don't think the physics back them up. Plus the bread and butter of the fields around here are people who play maybe 4 times a year with tippmanns they have had forever. I will play with my 68 until it is no longer available and then I will quit.

Az

You are right, the physics simply do not work out. Current 50 cal solutions do not even come close to 68 cal as far as performance and it will take a significant amount of increased mass to get close. And 50 cal paint just doesn't break very well. The goal is probably to get people to shoot more paint to mitigate the breakage issue.

There is a point to having a larger ball and larger splat. With smaller balls, cheating and playing on will be more of a problem than ever. As a pump player, I will NEVER support a solution that reduces marking and decreases breakability.

No, this is just a misguided industry screwup in action. All the media on it is planted and industry-sourced. Looking at it from a player's standpoint is the truly legitimate way to look at it; nobody supports this and that ultimately is going to make it fail.

After watching a guy unload 2 full clips from a Chaser @ OK D-Day, all balls breaking, and the guy being shot had no clue it was hitting him I'm not sold on .50 cal paintballs. A ref started to walk over to get the guy out but the shooter told him to wait so he could unload the second clip I was in tears.

if they do go through with the transition
    i think there will be alot of players taht would quit
    if not bc of the cost for the transition then by the anticipated poor performance of the new paint

personally i would cry and hate the fact taht i cant use my cocker on the field anymore
    chino

It will never happen. It will have the same fate at .55 cal paint.

The demand for .68 cal paint will always be there and larger than any other flavor of the month caliber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded-Like-Hell View Post
    we sit quiet as Bulldog preaches his kind words to mankind...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    It will never happen. It will have the same fate at .55 cal paint.

The demand for .68 cal paint will always be there and larger than any other flavor of the month caliber.
    exactly!!!

MLH doesn't need feedback, he's so well known everyone trusts him

Ha, you've been sigged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded-Like-Hell View Post

Ha, you've been sigged!
    i knew i was

its bound to fail...

However, if i could get a freak insert that will be that size, and if i can get like a delrin sleeve and bolt made for my cocker, i will probably use the 50 cal.

Also, i would imagine that they would adjust the FPS limit for the smaller round...no?

it wont stick....

for it to happen...

.68 caliber paintballs have to be outlawed... then sleeves w/ bolts will have to be made for all major guns in existance. stores and fields will not agree to it because they will lose customers that are less fortunate to get a new gun or a sleeve/bolt kit

.68 cailber has been around for years and the whole industry revolves around that.

it will come and pass like a bad habit!!!!