Thread: where to buy MQ2 valve

where to buy MQ2 valve

are they even still sold new?

compulsive used to sell them but im pretty sure they are no longer being produced and used ones go for 2x the cost of new now on ebay, its ridiculous. there was talk about a final batch but i do not know where that stands.
    In House Design Engineer

Build/Tech Thread

Feedback +22/0

Quote Originally Posted by langless28 View Post
    compulsive used to sell them but im pretty sure they are no longer being produced and used ones go for 2x the cost of new now on ebay, its ridiculous. there was talk about a final batch but i do not know where that stands.
    In which they actually removed the MQ2 valves from the valve page.
    Not my Wrx, mine is silver and probably much slower...........

Feedback

Ebay

They are not sold or made anymore and never will be(per mike). Only option is to find a used one at a jacked up price.

Yeah it sucks. A couple guys come up with such a good product and they were practically propping up e-cockers on their own decide they dont give a shit anymore and walk away. Autocockers took a hard blow once those dudes decided to slam the door shut and not pass on the technology to someone else willing to carry the torch.

yea, that sucks.....i wanted to pick up one. I dont understand these guys? There is still a big demand for them...they can make a ton of money or even just sell the patend to someone else and get paid royalty fees.

Actually they sold the patent to kee, and the technology is in minis/axes, afaikau.

reason why he is not willing to outsource it

Quote Originally Posted by kj6 View Post
    OK, here's where things stand: There will be another small (~20 units) batch of valves when I get a chance to machine some more parts (around July). I have one more year (2011) of depreciation on the CNC lathe. This gives me a reasonable tax advantage to doing some business this year, but anything I make over ~$2000 will be taxed at around 50%. I'm not about to spend 9 hours on the road only to give half to .gov. Short of a miracle, it's unlikely that production will continue past those next few units.

To those of you who have suggested outsourcing, getting **** on by retarded vendors is one of the things I do at my day job. I'd prefer not to do that during my down time. Employees? No ****ing way.

Licensing? Talk to Kee. Patent no. 7,913,679. Work out a deal with them and I'll tell you everything I know about making the MQ.