Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE-Flash you board

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Just what does the re flash do for your board?

Is it only for e2 and zero b? Nothing for e1?

Do these boards develope issues, maybe not completely stop working and the re flash cures issues? Or does it just allow you to change the version?

Is PE stopping the re flash completely after this next 100?

Or can you re up the license every 100 flashes?
    ZeroB and e2 are the exact same board. The e2 was the full kit and the zeroB was to upgrade old e1 boards. The difference in the two are how the firmware changes the display size. ZeroB flash makes the screen display smaller as to be seen throught a E1 frame screen hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Triemferent View Post
    I didnt know PE was involved or you had got their permission. Keep up the good work
    Long story but they were not happy I hade a programmer. A lot of sweet talking as this was charge service that select dealers charged $40.00 and PE took 50% of the profit. Hence the 100 board max flash cap.

I think TC paintball can do this. I would expect they charge for this. I seem to remember a reference to this service on PBN a while back.

So the re flash just changes your version of a e2 or zero b? Can you switch between e2 and zero b? To change screen size. Or can the window be changed on a e1?

Quote Originally Posted by docfire View Post
    Long story but they were not happy I hade a programmer. A lot of sweet talking as this was charge service that select dealers charged $40.00 and PE took 50% of the profit. Hence the 100 board max flash cap.
    w an opportunity to get more after that or is this it?

Take a pic of the programmer?

I hope theyre not making you pay. It's funny cuz I remember when PE abandoned Cockers and said they will never go back to them but as soon as their is money to be had, they are interested again. I realize its their board but they gave up on it a long time ago. I know you spent a lot of money trying to get the program to the states so I'm glad you can get some use out of it..... Even thought your not making any profit
    Last edited by Triemferent; 10-01-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docfire View Post
    Well that's crap, they left the platform and said they were coming back.
    This has been a TEST, This life has been a TEST.
    Had this been an Actual LIFE you would had lived in
    the Mountains, Never worked and SKIED EVERY DAY

Most PE products and other manufactures have user updatable boards now. I think that why they are allowing me to do this.

And yes I can flash a e2 to zeroB or the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    Take a pic of the programmer?
    Will do

Could you not just install the program on another computer or does it need to be connected online?