Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in a CAD rut.... Give me ideas.

Oh, I may have to run up a sketch for a body now! I've had a few I was thinking about...

And to the people saying "U SHUD MILL LIEK <insert 'cocker here>!!1!" the point is to mill something NOT similar to someone else's work...
    Wouldn't you really rather have a Buick?

58 people like me thus far, and none don't!

something else i was thinking is what about the 2 piece design of the z force i think it was a great idea but made at the wrong time in the cocker world

if you wanna mill something, make a new e-frame that will take a microswitch and use the eblade board. make it with a huge trigger guard as well..

That would kick ass..

I agree with the others on the triggers. Alot of people want or need e1 triggers. Custom triggers would be tits.

A lot of people... ie the "mill a trigger or a frame!" people seem to be completely oblivious to the purpose of this thread. They cannot be redeemed, go home.

I'll draft something up and post it, we'll see if you can CAD it up.

I liked chrisshank's suggestion about the industrial theme, and had my own take on it.

The flange bolts would be a lot of work, but the flanges kid of set the theme. I'm not sure on the manufacturability of this design, so a CAD artist will have to make adjustments as necessary.

Bolt pin, clamp knob and detent I figured could be made to look like red valve wheels for authenticity. Any flanges would be ano'd brass, Heat transfer pipes (the tubes) in silver, black iron for the fittings... And I had a thought that the frontblock could be made to look like a radiator type of fitting... grey front with copper tubes in a steel frame...

Well, here it is:
    Last edited by wiffle32; 02-27-2008 at 05:11 PM.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

I do live on earth, contrary to common belief...
    The idea of Better trigger frames makes me all giddy. (jk)
    But what about something like a bare bones cocker body?

I guess thats kinda like a UL cocker.
    Always playing mean, forever playing clean.

MY PBN FEEDBACK

A lot of people... ie the "mill a trigger or a frame!" people seem to be completely oblivious to the purpose of this thread. They cannot be redeemed, go home.

Cheery and carin fella arent you

I have been playing with the industrial idea a bit, but nothing worth posting yet. Time will tell.
    www.moodypb.com, not taking any work, but the articles are still there.

ok i am a pretty good drawer i will make a sketch a good one... i will reply later today

I just got done watching Conan the Barbarian(favorite all time "Govenetter" movie) and it gave me an idea. They had a sword with a bunch of Celtic design on it. I think it would be interesting to do that to a cocker body. If possible, it could be annoed to make it look like pewter. It probably has been done before, but it is original in my head at least.

Oooh, another idea. I know this one is orignal. I wear the Army DCU pattern everyday but it just occured to me. You could possibly mill the digital design instead of just coloring the body. You could do the dots in 3 different layers. What a nightmare of a project that would be though.

Hope this helps. I just am trying to throw a little help in return from all the headaches you saved me from on my cockers.
    Last edited by Ddbrewski; 03-03-2008 at 01:33 PM.