Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article Suggestions.

Article Suggestions.

Have an idea for an article you would like to see? Post it here.
    www.moodypb.com, not taking any work, but the articles are still there.

I've been noticing alot of articles about rams here lately. Maybe an article referencing to which are rebuildable, along with parts specific information such as nipple thread sizes, pistions, ect.

I think pummel's onto something!! Oh, but even better would be a whole article on spring balancing. (plaesa, please, pleeeeeeease)
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< ><> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Don't just go with it.

Spring balance is trial and error, and shooting a lot of paint and air. Not much of an article to it.

I would benifit from a how to install the internals/which springs to use/setup the lpr, setup hpr/ivg combination.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    THE Hulk

My Feedback:
    http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2867

Come to the Dark Side...We have Cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantrepes View Post
    Spring balance is trial and error, and shooting a lot of paint and air. Not much of an article to it.
    Ya, I guess you're right.

edit:
    but you could use reballs right?
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< ><> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Don't just go with it.

can you make one on disassembly and cleaning?

A complete tear down article wouldn't be a bad idea. I have a couple of guns I need to strip for rebuilds as it is.... Taking the pictures wouldn't take much effort.

I would like to see an article on adjusting and setting up a karnivor. I know they are basically the same but there is no book as far as I know because it only comes with the regular cocker booklet. I looked on your site about adjusting cocking rod length because of how far the block/bolt goes back after the sear/lug catch but being as the karni has the mq I figure you probably just adjust the pump arm but I dont want to mark it up. btw this is my first karni. Shoulda stuck with regular cockers. 16th spack body/backblock but over 1/8th after lug catch. when the lug catches there is a 16th to 1/8th of bolt showing in breech when block is all the way back none of the bolt is showing.

Would also like to know best way to adjust velocity. I have never adjusted velocity by the front reg with a cocker. I have always removed the cocking rod.

thanks for the help.

Matt
    Last edited by matt3; 04-06-2008 at 10:27 PM.

I karni rod is just as long as it needs to be. With the back block pulled all the way back, you shouldn't see the bolt on any cocker.
    If the cocking rod is stopping the back block, that means that the hammer lug is beating the hell out of the back of the sear slot. That is not a good thing. Hell, I wrote an entire article, with graphics about that exact topic.

Anyway, sweet spot the inline, then ball park the correct velocity with the IVG, and then make fine adjustments with the inline.