Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mg need your help to save automags.org

mg need your help to save automags.org

old man mg would like your help to save his people forum

http://www.indiegogo.com/SaveAO?c=home

mg is also know as going_home

if they raise enough money he is going to give me his nice mag he waited 5 years for

whats happening over there?
    CC's Bob Long Technician

Nexus Graphite Fade 06 Ego
    TonTon DM12 Black/Gold
    Bob Long Black/Purple Insight
    CCM T2 Dust Black/Gloss Purple
    SFT Shocker Gloss Black
    Femme Fatales DM4
    Ebladed Shoebox Shocker RF

Kick-starter to save site a good idea?

I'll donate some $$ to the cause... God knows I've spent my share of time over there... just haven't been on AO in a loooooong while. Some of the shenanigans that went on over there really caused some waves with folks. On one hand I hate to see it go under, on the other I almost want it to... the thing is, the people it will affect the most are not the ones that caused all the grief. That's the sad part. Like most things.. the people that suffer are not the ones that cause the issues.

DM
    Last edited by Listessa; 09-12-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Edited out quote
    Visit My Wish List Found Here ~> http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...017#post103017
    Thumb through my PhotoBucket album for some stuff I have for sale ~> http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...75/For%20Sale/

anyone care to explain what happened?
    AKA & CCM Gun Whore
    Resident Herbalist

DM,
    was it all the dealer sales threads that never panned out? That's the only drama I witnessed first hand. I almost got dragged into the MM09 mess, but never put an order in.

Any news about Mike from tpb allowing the use of his servers?

It may have gotten a start with the dealer threads, but it wasn't all that... it has to do with a few select folks and the favorites and the choice moderation and what not. I've seen it as well as experienced it. And it wouldn't die. Now maybe it will? To me it was issues with people being rude and trolling and causing trouble and not getting any warnings and even when put in public and quoted the thread/post would get deleted/edited and I'd get a warning and such. I got a 3 day ban for something that I don't know for sure right now, but it may have been pointing out that someone was circumventing the swear filter and others that weren't in the group were getting banned for having **** in their post. If you typed a cuss word it would show **** they considered that swearing. If you typed $H!T into the post that would be circumventing the filter... if you typed **** (BTW, these are all stars, I'm typing... not cuss words) So I got banned for explaining this and the folks that had violated the rule that I had pointed out didn't get anything because they were friends with the mods. meh... that was the start for me. It just went from there on up and I posted a play day at a field and one of the guys who is old enough to know better actually started crap in my thread about him wanting to go, but he was told that he was not allowed by one of the other guys... so was this invite alright or not. that and the trolling and use of various emails and names to start crap and such... just old and irritating. The thing is, the majority of those guys who were in on the pot stirring were/are members over on another site so when AO dies it won't matter to them as it was just their playground more or less though it's really where we all started. There is more to the story and screen shots and IP's and such for proof on what I say. It's saved and accessible. No need to get into here though.

DM
    Visit My Wish List Found Here ~> http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...017#post103017
    Thumb through my PhotoBucket album for some stuff I have for sale ~> http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...75/For%20Sale/

The crowd funding is to move AO as well as the other AGD services to a new server and update all of the software running the sites.

I'm all for it.

Im all for it not costing 3k as so many people have pointed out. Plus the countless people on AO who have said they would help with data bases and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    I want it, but can't afford it right now. Do you take kidneys or trades?
    Quote Originally Posted by brentmc View Post
    Sold to nuke.
    RaceGun Repository

Well, nothing really "HAPPENED" to AO. People have wanted to upgrade the forum software to something current, but they can't b/c the server itself can't handle it. So the thought is to upgrade the server hosting as well as purchasing new software for the forums as well as the web store for AGD.
    Last edited by Listessa; 09-13-2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Post was removed by author, so the quote is gone too.