Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock in a Hard place, not sure what to do now.... Bolt is leaking

And your leaky collar work on his good bolt?

I'd look for dings, warped, pin holes, etc.

Clean it good. Put in mouth and cover both ends (tongue/lip/cheek) and suck on it like a slip on pencil eraser that we used to make Vaccume stick to you tongue in grade school. Hahahahahaha.
    But you could see of the collar had a pin hole that way. Lol

If it does I'm guessing it's where the thumb screw hits it.

Also try "borrowing" on oring from the good collar at a time. Maybe a damaged oring that u don't notice.

I'm Reaching here. :-)

My leaky collar leaked on his good bolt.
    His good collar worked on my bolt.

I've ordered some "quad seal" orings hopefully those will make a difference.... I'm going to try swapping out a few dozen different orings again too.
    " Happy little slaves for minimum wages "

yep bought it new, honestly Mike's a busy guy so I understand that. I was going to send him an email and asking what he thinks I should do.

Sent Mike an email, he's sending me anothe collar. Gotta love that kind of service, thanks Mike.

Can anyone answer if these take metric orings or not ?

Let me know how you get on with that. We've got your back!

I got the collar Mike sent me! Feels nice and firm on the bolt reassembled and...... wait for it ....... wait for it....... now the bolt leaks out the front and 3 way leaks....sigh
    To be honest have no idea where to go from here, my friends bolt works without fail in my marker.

Ok. Have you had a look at the o-rings on the rambolt? The whole assembly should slide into the body smoothly with just a hint of lubrication. I take it the 3 way didnt leak when you had your friends bolt in? We're trying to work out how changing the collar would cause the 3 way to leak. I'm back in the office on Monday, and we'll look into what could be causing this with Dave and Steve. Email me your Skpe ID so I can catch you next week.

Don' t get mad Mike, but I have been a Sov owner since 1998, I have #13, I have found US support has been very poor over the years, I often have to mod the maker form Worr. Products, or have items custom made to replace old parts. From UK I can get the items, but it would cost me as much as the marker themselves. Point is if you can replace it with a WGP item, do it, I have rethreaded my LPR to take US threads and I am working on a adapter to replace the 3way using a special made collar to add to my ST bomb.
    The bolt actually is 2 pieces, I have a plastic washer alittle smaller then the o ring to help maintan the seal and I use white grease.
    Thing ahout droppintg my entire collection of 13 sovs down to ny 3rd gen sov III.
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15