Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This will change the way Paintball is played

This will change the way Paintball is played

So, Tuesday, I went and picked up a few markers from CCM.
    http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...530#post358530

Anyway, while I was there, I had the privilege of shooting CCM's new SR1 Sniper Rifle. Now, I know what you all are thinking, a paintball sniper. What a joke. WELL, I have news. It is not anymore.

We were offered a chance to shoot it. I was promised 70 yard head shot capability. I laughed. No way, paintballs can't be that that accurate. He loads up some of the First strike rounds into it. I watch my brother shoot. Having never shot it before, he nails a 70 yard body shot. He then makes a second shot correction, and round 2 is a mask shot. Then my brother goes back to 80 yards. Round 3 from the marker, and round 1 at 80 yards is another solid body shot.

I was blown away. It was eerie, standing down range of it. You couldn't hear the marker go off, all you could hear was the First Strike round come zinging in. And if you have never heard it, you should. It is a whistle and it is scary. Especially when you can't hear the shot go off. The barrel was this funky one off thing, that looked like some ran a VERY bad reamer down it. I would define it as spiral gouging.

A buddy that I play paintball with is a ex-sniper. After seeing how one of these things shoot, I got on the waiting list for them. It is no joke. I want that type of unfair advantage. If I give that to my buddy in a scenario game, he will kill with it. I bet he can effectively use it to 100 yards, and even beyond. We were shooting at 270, and getting about 30 shots off a 12 gram.

Basically, I wanted to write, and say watch out. It is just as good as CCM claims, and if I can figure out how to shoot a little better, the other team will be in trouble. Having owned a Tiberius, I can say this is nothing like it. I believe this will change the way scenario ball is played. And sice that is what I like to do, it should be fun. And an unbelievable advantage.

To quote the great Tom Kaye:
    "Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid."

Laugh if you want, you may never see me.
    Proudly shooting CCM and PPS equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnt8ballplyr View Post
    dang nab it I haven't finished counting My funds over at coin star yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by FearLess_Leader View Post
    No winning in MQ+Race Frame, just broken dreams...
    My Brother, treat him well
    Opponents will be shot,Wipers will be shot again.
    Seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8b
    For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. Hosea 6:6a

Hoarding: Anything Race

Head shots at 210 feet would be pretty cool

I really like those rifles, I just wish they would have done a mag feed.

ditto i know the evil pod stealing gnomes that follow me would get all the shells i had

not to mention none of us is getting younger....maybe more sniping and less running...one thing nice about getting older...is it is easier to get fun toys...if you don't go broke on medication..lol

At first I'll admit it. When I first herd that ccm was making the sr1, I was like "oh god here we go, another sniper wannabe" but after following the build thread on mcb and seeing the first run of them and knowing about the first strike rounds... I was impressed... Impressed even more now that I read Nukes review. I can't help but want one now. Haha

its more or less the actual firs strike round, i hadnt shot any of them, then i was able to shoot some threw the Dye DAM, man its almost unfair. There are scenerio fields where i live that actually dont allow them for use because of the range they have, but i mean........ isnt that the point?
    CC's Bob Long Technician

Nexus Graphite Fade 06 Ego
    TonTon DM12 Black/Gold
    Bob Long Black/Purple Insight
    CCM T2 Dust Black/Gloss Purple
    SFT Shocker Gloss Black
    Femme Fatales DM4
    Ebladed Shoebox Shocker RF

Quote Originally Posted by BKO Overdrive View Post
    There are scenerio fields where i live that actually dont allow them for use because of the range they have, but i mean........ isnt that the point?
    That's dumb. It should just mean that others need to work on their tactics to get close enough for the elimination. That's SUPPOSED to be the point of scenario games anyways. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That's dumb. It should just mean that others need to work on their tactics to get close enough for the elimination. That's SUPPOSED to be the point of scenario games anyways. Isn't it?
    yep your 100% right, idk i dont own the fields i have no say so lol
    CC's Bob Long Technician

Nexus Graphite Fade 06 Ego
    TonTon DM12 Black/Gold
    Bob Long Black/Purple Insight
    CCM T2 Dust Black/Gloss Purple
    SFT Shocker Gloss Black
    Femme Fatales DM4
    Ebladed Shoebox Shocker RF

The more I think about it, the more mad I get and I'm not even a scenario player and I'm no where near that field HaHa. If I was there, there would be some hell raising. The others just need to stop crying.