Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This will change the way Paintball is played

I can personally attest to this, I was the first to write off a "sniper" weapon. Period.
    I'm now a firm believer in the sr1!!!! Having never fired the marker before in my life and being able to hit at 70-80 yards with no issues hitting my target, it blows my mind.

to BKO. I can't believe any scenario field would disallow the first strike rounds, that's like saying you can play speedball on our scenario field but not tactical paintball.
    Maybe I've been playing it wrong all this time. Maybe I need to focus less on sneaking and more on running in headlong. Hmmmmmm........

it's not the marker but the balls, tiberius has had these fs round for a while. all of my pistols can shoot fs rounds. fs is an expensive way to play and practice shooting. as rg said some fields do not allow fs.

Ummmm.... nuke... we were shooting it in redding at the scenario game.

DM
    Visit My Wish List Found Here ~> http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...017#post103017
    Thumb through my PhotoBucket album for some stuff I have for sale ~> http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...75/For%20Sale/

Interesting. Anyone got a link to the build thread?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

AKA Black widow Spyder, 2K3 red Black Magic, 2K2 Green Vertebrae, 2K2 Purple E-Vertebrae, 2K2 Red Vertebrae Pump, 2K3 black Worrlock, BT Delta Elite w/ 40mm launcher & Tippmann TPX

I kept up with the SR1 progress thread for a while. Bill really thought out the build, took his time to make it how he envisioned it, and I have to say, he came out with a solid marker! The thing I really like about it is that you can customize it with most AR parts, just just parts in the paintball industry.

The range that first strike rounds get is astonishing. Get a marker like the SR1 in the right hands and it'll be a deadly combination. I'm sure it would be chaos at a big game event. The only thing I see being an issue is people wiping off the hits. I'm sure at a large range, they figure it was just a random ball shot.

The original thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...le-thread.html
    Last edited by Themole; 03-01-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Et si fellitur de genu pugna
    Viva La Resistance

Here is where it all started from the beginning.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMan View Post
    Ummmm.... nuke... we were shooting it in redding at the scenario game.

DM
    I didn't shoot it. Saw it, but never shot it. Should have though. I was still pissed at my Tiberius.

Quote Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
    it's not the marker but the balls, tiberius has had these fs round for a while. all of my pistols can shoot fs rounds. fs is an expensive way to play and practice shooting. as rg said some fields do not allow fs.
    Yes, it it the marker. And the rounds. And I can say that honestly. When they came out, I shelled out way more than I would ever care to admit to on a Tiberius T9 and the full First Strike conversion.
    My team captain and I fought and fought with that stupid marker. It went back to the factory under warranty, more than once. I had nothing but problems with it in First Strike configuration. It was inefficient, and very inaccurate. The magazine would only consistently feed 2 or 3 rounds before eating one. Accuracy, while better than a paintball, was sub-par to what had been advertised. By a significant margin.
    I tried the First Strike round in lots of things. The Tiberius, converted Spyders and Tippmanns. Even loading them one at a time in my Cockers. While I knew the round was far superior, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after the Tiberius, and what boiled down to a very expensive pistol, that only shot regular paintballs.

The CCM SR1 is the first marker I have used that was able to utilize the First Strike round as it was advertised to do. I basically threw the Tiberius away, after all the problems I had with it. It was a huge waste of money. I would happily pay double what I paid for the Tiberius, to have a CCM SR1. Because it worked. It is that simple. If I had a chance to shoot a Tiberius first, I would have never wasted the money. And I there is no way I would have ever bought a CCM SR1, except I shot it, and it lived up to the hype. So, I am down for one, in the next run. It was that much better.
    Proudly shooting CCM and PPS equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnt8ballplyr View Post
    dang nab it I haven't finished counting My funds over at coin star yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by FearLess_Leader View Post
    No winning in MQ+Race Frame, just broken dreams...
    My Brother, treat him well
    Opponents will be shot,Wipers will be shot again.
    Seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8b
    For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. Hosea 6:6a

Hoarding: Anything Race

is there pics of this thing..I went thru some of the pages of the build thread and meh.. so i am taking the lazy way out and asking..

Quote Originally Posted by buzzinhi View Post
    is there pics of this thing..I went thru some of the pages of the build thread and meh.. so i am taking the lazy way out and asking..
    Google image search is our friend.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=CCM%2...og&sa=N&tab=wi
    Proudly shooting CCM and PPS equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnt8ballplyr View Post
    dang nab it I haven't finished counting My funds over at coin star yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by FearLess_Leader View Post
    No winning in MQ+Race Frame, just broken dreams...
    My Brother, treat him well
    Opponents will be shot,Wipers will be shot again.
    Seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8b
    For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. Hosea 6:6a

Hoarding: Anything Race

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    I didn't shoot it. Saw it, but never shot it. Should have though. I was still pissed at my Tiberius.

Yes, it it the marker. And the rounds. And I can say that honestly. When they came out, I shelled out way more than I would ever care to admit to on a Tiberius T9 and the full First Strike conversion.
    My team captain and I fought and fought with that stupid marker. It went back to the factory under warranty, more than once. I had nothing but problems with it in First Strike configuration. It was inefficient, and very inaccurate. The magazine would only consistently feed 2 or 3 rounds before eating one. Accuracy, while better than a paintball, was sub-par to what had been advertised. By a significant margin.
    I tried the First Strike round in lots of things. The Tiberius, converted Spyders and Tippmanns. Even loading them one at a time in my Cockers. While I knew the round was far superior, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after the Tiberius, and what boiled down to a very expensive pistol, that only shot regular paintballs.

The CCM SR1 is the first marker I have used that was able to utilize the First Strike round as it was advertised to do. I basically threw the Tiberius away, after all the problems I had with it. It was a huge waste of money. I would happily pay double what I paid for the Tiberius, to have a CCM SR1. Because it worked. It is that simple. If I had a chance to shoot a Tiberius first, I would have never wasted the money. And I there is no way I would have ever bought a CCM SR1, except I shot it, and it lived up to the hype. So, I am down for one, in the next run. It was that much better.
    saying ccm version of a fs marker is more accurate is like other poeple saying cockers are more accurate than a mag. they both are shooting a projectile out of a barrel.