Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A DIY Autococker Trinity feedneck mod

A DIY Autococker Trinity feedneck mod

Hey guys, I just wanted to share with everyone a little side project I drummed up over the weekend. When I bought my 03 Prostock a few months back and found out it had no clamping feedneck, I bought a Trinity feedneck hoping it would be the end all be all solution. But when I attached it on, I found out it stuck out a fair bit (see picture) and made it look like a high rise feedneck.

I pondered around with it for a while trying to ignore it because "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". But this past weekend I tried to fix it. I basically measured out that gap, seen in the above picture, and decided to cut it off of the existing top bit of the feedneck on the Prostock.

The overall process was fairly simple, you just have to be extremely careful and measure exactly what you need to cut and protect the body when cutting. The tools needed are a hacksaw or Dremel too (I used this), some files, and fine sand paper. Once the body is protected, I recommend marking where you'd want to cut clearly so the cutting can be made nice and clear, I just taped it off.

Make sure you cut slowly and precisely, "patience is a virtue", there is no going back if there is a mistake.

Once the bit is cut off, all there is left to do is file it down and smooth it out.

I think cosmetic can be ignored here since the Trinity feedneck will be covering the cut off area. And viola a clamping feedneck on a Prostock.

It's no Ego feedneck mod, but I was being cheap and lazy. It works well, and it is a fairly easy do it yourself project.

Please let me know if there are any questions, I would be happy to answer them!
    Last edited by ZZ rai; 06-16-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Well done and great pics and info. I've pondered doing the same on my body, but have never gotten the feedneck so haven't had to worry about it.

Good job man!

DM
    Visit My Wish List Found Here ~> http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...017#post103017
    Thumb through my PhotoBucket album for some stuff I have for sale ~> http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...75/For%20Sale/

This is great. My outkast is a non removable feedneck and I've been weighing my options. Wasn't sure if this would work. Obviously it will. I do believe I'm gonna do it. Just have to get the feedneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMan View Post
    Well done and great pics and info. I've pondered doing the same on my body, but have never gotten the feedneck so haven't had to worry about it.

Good job man!

DM
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Crbauhs View Post
    This is great. My outkast is a non removable feedneck and I've been weighing my options. Wasn't sure if this would work. Obviously it will. I do believe I'm gonna do it. Just have to get the feedneck.
    Yeah, I was in the exact same position. My recommendation is that make sure you measure the gap leftover when you attach the Trinity feedneck on precisely, because different Autocockers have different feednecks.
    Last edited by ZZ rai; 06-12-2013 at 11:37 PM.

I also use a trinity feed neck on my older press fit autocockers. Your modification turned out well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You're just all kinds of old school cool
    My Collection

I should have looked better, heh. Please move this thread to the Custom Markers & Modifications section, thanks!

Pretty cool I would say. I have several bodies. While I would not mind doing this on a Prostock I don't think I could do it on a P&P I have.

Nice mod. Thanks for taking the time to document and share it.

So just curious do you have an Ego feedneck mod on any? I think it'd be interesting to compare and contrast the two. See how each looks and which may or may not be better looks/performance/functionality. Etc.