Hey guys, I just wanted to share with everyone a little side project I drummed up over the weekend. When I bought my 03 Prostock a few months back and found out it had no clamping feedneck, I bought a Trinity feedneck hoping it would be the end all be all solution. But when I attached it on, I found out it stuck out a fair bit (see picture) and made it look like a high rise feedneck.
I pondered around with it for a while trying to ignore it because "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". But this past weekend I tried to fix it. I basically measured out that gap, seen in the above picture, and decided to cut it off of the existing top bit of the feedneck on the Prostock.
The overall process was fairly simple, you just have to be extremely careful and measure exactly what you need to cut and protect the body when cutting. The tools needed are a hacksaw or Dremel too (I used this), some files, and fine sand paper. Once the body is protected, I recommend marking where you'd want to cut clearly so the cutting can be made nice and clear, I just taped it off.
Make sure you cut slowly and precisely, "patience is a virtue", there is no going back if there is a mistake.
Once the bit is cut off, all there is left to do is file it down and smooth it out.