Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey Butt Customs a Husband and Wife Team

Monkey Butt Customs a Husband and Wife Team

Hello All,
    We are so excited to officially launch our services on Custom Cockers! While it may be more lucrative to sell to a wider audience for free on other sites I personally love this forum and want to support it in any way I can. That in itself is more than enough reason to become a forum sponsor and I couldn't be happier to do it today.

So.. My Wifey and I have started up an new anodizing line and are exited to bring you our work. Jody, my wife is doing all the dying and is exceptional in her eye for color and design. What she is looking to bring to the table amazes me every day we put on our gloves and dip aluminum into color. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next! So far we have done the oldies but goodies but what she has concepted is something that I have never seen before and can't wait to see whats next.

Me? I'm the surface prep guy and marketer (and I also love to play with kickass looking guns!!). I work in musical instrument manufacturing as my day job and zone out to the sounds of the polishing wheel at night.. There is something beautiful, honest and pure about that polishing wheel.. I love it!

Do you want an anodizing quote? Click here! *** NOTE FROM MARCH 2015**** THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT, WE AT MONKEY BUTT ARE SORRY TO SAY THAT WE HAVE SUSPENDED OPERATIONS PENDING A MOVE TO NASHVILLE. WE ARE UNABLE TO QUOTE WORK AT THIS TIME. WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON OUR FINDING A NEW HOUSE AND WORK SPACE. ********
    Monkey Butt Custom Anodizing Quote Form

Here is where the marketing side of me takes control... It's not what we say, it's what others say for us!

From an individual who hasn't received his parts back yet (I wont post a name till he does receive the parts and does his grand reveal!)
    "HOLY... CRAP... OLA..
    You nailed it! Seriously. You guys took the words in these PMs and made it happen. Love it. I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing!"

This looks stunning! I approve!"

From A2D
    "I was *their* first customer and *they* did an outstanding job!

This (other anodizer) was one of the reasons I was terrified to send my stuff to another "new" ano guy Drew (Craptacular001), I was terrified of getting burned again by someone without the experience, but *Monkey Butt Customs* definitely proved me wrong and did as good of an ano job as Caustic would have done in my opinion. I have no problem sending stuff to *them* anymore."

* A2D gave all the credit to me, but this is a team and my wife is the talent!

From Slow Z Rally
    "I'd like to speak for Craptacular's work as well. I ended up trading him a couple of bodies for that rasta splashed 2k vert he showed us all a while back. When I received it, the work was spectacular. Yes it had a few minor blems as he had noted, but the fade and the splash were spectacular." Hey!.. he didn't say the work was Craptacular!

Some of you elite members may have seen some of these, but here they are again as well as some new ones.

There is a whole cocker to go with these grips, but... I'm not telling who has it!

Here are another couple of parts that has a gun attached, but till they get it... mums the word!

Impulse? Shocker Parts? Im actually not sure...

A couple of mirror image barrel tips

Still had masking on this one.. didnt take a pic after we pulled it off... darn it. Thats what the spots are.
    Last edited by Craptacular001; 03-14-2015 at 01:35 AM.

This one looks like chocolate in person, the blotches you see are actually clouds. That thing is polished!

The orange was tricky, but it looks fantastic in person. This is what I will do my ego in... probably orange and grey.

Here is one style that my step-daughter's boyfriend's brother requested.. Don't worry about why this kid requested a rasta splash... he's a good guy, so is his brother... and so is my step-daughter. I also am a white guy with dreads so I don't judge as my hairstyle is voted the worst of all worlds above the mullet!

Now.. I am not going to pull the wool over your eyes on this one. There are some spots on here that I am very unhappy with in the green

FOR A2D

Last edited by Craptacular001; 03-14-2015 at 01:32 AM.

We had two jobs to do plus some of our cocker bodies to work on. Here is a nice polished Black CCM body! This came out real nice. I did have to put it on the polishing wheel three times to get all the little scuffs and scratches out!

Here was a quick and dirty job. There were a couple spots on the foregrip due to some pits that were just too deep, but it still came out nice. Also the CCM air fitting was a beautiful clear ano.

Now this one Jody played around a bit with an old school style fade splash. This is a Nightkast body with a threaded feedneck. I think it came out great! It will be going up for sale later this evening.

Stay tuned! Next week we pull out the big guns (or one normal sized gun that is just really cool!!)
    Last edited by Craptacular001; 06-23-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Trying out some acid washes. Those are fun to do!

Last edited by Craptacular001; 06-23-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Drew, you guys have already shown that you both are very talented and this comes naturally! I'm sure you will become very successful in your business if you keep showing work like that! We will be doing business in the future, my friend!

Wedge

Yup, once I finish up Wedge's marker milling it'll be on it's way to you for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by pumzele View Post
    If you don't know at least one of them (nuke, wedge, a2d, darkapolo, metalmover, demo222, ect.) I highly doubt you are a regular to this forum...

Eh, it is OK, I guess.
    Proudly shooting CCM and PPS equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnt8ballplyr View Post
    dang nab it I haven't finished counting My funds over at coin star yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by FearLess_Leader View Post
    No winning in MQ+Race Frame, just broken dreams...
    My Brother, treat him well
    Opponents will be shot,Wipers will be shot again.
    Seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8b
    For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. Hosea 6:6a

Hoarding: Anything Race