Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: John Gross (Florida Paintball Center) Autococker - Picture and Info Thread

And here is the shooting video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    ... A puppy dies when original matched markers are parted.

Classic-Armory, that gun has a lot of neat cuts. I like the lip at the end of the barrel. The frame also has the finger groove cuts that look similar to the most recent run of PTP snipers. The bottom of the body has the same downward angle as Jon1023s red and blue Gross cockers.
    Jon1023, cool red cocker. I've seen those bolts before, I think I have one in green?

And Jon1023 asked me to post this Bull Pup Montneel that John Gross built. I bought this way back, I think on mcb?

And here is a scan from the Splat 1 Adventures 1994 Indoor Championships brochure. Most teams has a spot for their logo and Team Strange must have been affiliated with Florida Paintball Center. Looks like one of Gross' stocks illustrated on the a mag.
    Last edited by bacci paintball; 11-02-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacci paintball View Post

...And Jon1023 asked me to post this Bull Pup Montneel that John Gross built. I bought this way back, I think on mcb?

Thanks for posting that info! I spoke with John via email a few weeks ago and he mentioned this Bull Pup as well as an autococker with a hinged/removable top for easy breech cleaning. I would love to see that marker!

I just received a John Gross stock from Dan this week so I figured I would post a few pics of the marker with the stock.

I also received the original HPR last week so here are a few pics of the marker with some shiny appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    ... A puppy dies when original matched markers are parted.

Quote Originally Posted by UThomas View Post
    I had a red splash (Team Strange colors) John Gross cocker stolen ~8 years ago. Had some of the most unique milling I've seen - so I started hunting for some more.
    the markers team strange used had a blue background, not black. although they did use a hodge-podge of markers back then, so who knows. did you get it directly from a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Classic-Armory View Post
    Thought I would add pics of one more gun (a mini-cocker) that I think is probably a John Gross:
    see if "FPC" is etched into the parts anywhere, that would be a pretty definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by bacci paintball View Post
    And here is a scan from the Splat 1 Adventures 1994 Indoor Championships brochure. Most teams has a spot for their logo and Team Strange must have been affiliated with Florida Paintball Center. Looks like one of Gross' stocks illustrated on the a mag.
    they had markers (a mix of autocockers and automags) done by john gross / fpc. thunder bay (which was operated by fpc) was their home field.

I've seen a handful of Team Strange markers (mags and cockers) over the years, and none of them had a blue sponge base instead of black. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a red/blue sponge with silver splash anno pattern. The eclipse pattern was the same but with gold vs silver. I'll text my buddy - he use to work at FPC in the 90's.
    Thomas
    Lots of automags and autocockers - esp Eclipse, Westwood, and Belsales
    REWARD: 2 Stolen Splash Evolutions in Dallas
    http://www.thomaspaintball.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093

Here is an old team strange pic from maybe world cup 94/95 my buddy sent over.

Also - here are some more pics of my stolen one. Reward money for whoever gets it back in my hands or helps me buy it back from it's current owner!

Here is the westwood I had done in homage. The front block and unique shroud were milled by John and came in a box of Gross parts someone on the florida forums sent me a few years ago.

Thomas
    Lots of automags and autocockers - esp Eclipse, Westwood, and Belsales
    REWARD: 2 Stolen Splash Evolutions in Dallas
    http://www.thomaspaintball.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas4093

Quote Originally Posted by UThomas View Post
    I've seen a handful of Team Strange markers (mags and cockers) over the years, and none of them had a blue sponge base instead of black. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a red/blue sponge with silver splash anno pattern.
    i'm looking right at one; purchased directly from a team player. it's been a while since i've had it all together; these old splash markers are pretty impressive. i don't like showing off projects that aren't complete, but i've got a pic of the frame so you can see the pattern (posted it on ao a couple times already):

i did find an old picture on warpig of a team strange player using an autococker with a similar-looking pattern. it's blurry, but you can see the red and silver and a couple small patches of blue. i've also seen one marker with a barrel that had the same splash pattern as well, but i'd have to dig for it. team strange did have several teams (a-team, b-team, etc); i guess one had one pattern and the other had another? or maybe just different patterns over the years. this pic is from the atlantic paintball challenge in 2000:

off topic, but i like digging through all these old tourney photos and looking at all the old-school mechanical goodness! even saw one guy rocking an old pump, haha!

Time to update the thread with the newest addition! I am pretty excited about this thing even though I need to helicoil the rear frame screw hole. This is the most unique milling I have seen thus far on a Gross. The back block looks to be a normal block that has been reversed. The IVG actually protrudes beyond the body and is exposed when the block slides back to cock. All the parts on the marker are engraved FPC pre ano, but the initials CJB are also engraved on the bottom of the body post ano. As far as I can tell the bolt is proprietary length. It is shorter than an EVO bolt. Unfortunately the original trigger frame and drop are missing. I think the blue KAPP frame looks pretty good and I have a pair of green KAPP panels on the way. I just need a green female STAB so that I can keep the matched foregrip on the marker.

I will add more photos and a firing video once this is complete.

And with green Kapp panels...

Last edited by jon1023; 01-17-2015 at 02:26 PM.

That is amazing. The colors do compliment each other. That's cool having the IVG exposed when in the rear position.

That's awesome!

I find it a bit comical in that they had the tools to do all of that cool milling but chose to hand engrave their initials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crbauhs View Post
    She's gonna get a nice cleaning tonight. A little bit of fondling. Maybe some pictures of her in provocative positions (barell condom off oh my!). And man I am already thinking what I wanna do to her...upgrade wise!