Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Guns and Gear

Yea, the cops came this morning, but only because my real steel was taken also. I'll be getting an inventory together with serials of everything I can and we'll see what happens.

In todays marketplace keep eyes open for any of this stuff listed in other cities/states... super easy to list stuff as being in Florida..

DM
    Visit My Wish List Found Here ~> http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...017#post103017
    Thumb through my PhotoBucket album for some stuff I have for sale ~> http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...75/For%20Sale/

IMO if its in Florida, its at a Pawn Shop. Im from New Jersey and the first time I went down south I couldn't believe how many Pawn Shops there are.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet669 View Post
    Yea, the cops came this morning, but only because my real steel was taken also. I'll be getting an inventory together with serials of everything I can and we'll see what happens.
    I've had my apartment robbed before, so I know the feeling. Good luck with the police and getting your property recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You're just all kinds of old school cool
    My Collection

Updated original post with the second 2 serial numbers

HA! Jokes on them! I STILL have the matching beavertail for the Pegleg Cocker!

you know....this thief really has no place to sell them on the internet now......hopefully he (or she) tries to and they are found out......Id check the local pawn shops too......thieving pawn shops will make you buy them back from them too if they were sold to them

Quote Originally Posted by metalmover View Post
    you know....this thief really has no place to sell them on the internet now......hopefully he (or she) tries to and they are found out......Id check the local pawn shops too......thieving pawn shops will make you buy them back from them too if they were sold to them
    Can law enforcement confiscate them and return them to the owner?

What if you unknowingly bought them and then tried to resale them. Could you not be compelled to return them to the owner. Thus losing your money.

Anyone ever see these things happen?

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Can law enforcement confiscate them and return them to the owner?

What if you unknowingly bought them and then tried to resale them. Could you not be compelled to return them to the owner. Thus losing your money.

Anyone ever see these things happen?
    If you purchase stolen goods (unknowingly), and the police show up to retrieve them, you are S.O.L. for your money. The stolen merchandise is returned to the rightful owner, that's the law. Your action (as a pawn shop/etc) is to locate and file charges/sue the person who sold you stolen goods.

Quote Originally Posted by haxorwear View Post
    If you purchase stolen goods (unknowingly), and the police show up to retrieve them, you are S.O.L. for your money. The stolen merchandise is returned to the rightful owner, that's the law. Your action (as a pawn shop/etc) is to locate and file charges/sue the person who sold you stolen goods.
    That's is what I thought. So if you find your marker at a pawn shop, I guess you shouldn't identify it to the shop until you can get the police there.

I doubt they will give it back without being compelled to do so.

I wonder what percentage of stuff in a pawn shop is stolen?