Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MQ Vavle

The Patent is not covered in South Africa so I can produce and manufacture.
    The prototype is being made this week.
    Will post with results when I get it back.
    Instant pro player just add paint!

It seems like there are probably legal issues for manufacturing or importing in the US whether Pumzele makes it or Mike.

Should be alright unless there's a whistle blower amongst us... possibly call it a Q-valve instead. I'm also guessing perhaps it may be different enough that it won't matter??

I hope you're right. Reading about patent trolls makes me nervous about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by mquinn96 View Post
    Hi All. It has been over a decade since I've posted on most forums, but I wanted to let you all know that I have a seriously updated version of the mQ Valve built in CAD and flow tested using CFD. The only thing is that I have no time to build it and test it. If anyone is serious about making a new version of the mQ valve I would be happy to work with you. Here are the conditions though: 1. You have to be serious about it....not just for fun, but you need to really want to make something of value and be willing to take pride in it. 2. You need the capability to actually prototype and test them before building for others. It took Kerry and I months to get the first versions ready for others to use. 3. You have to be willing to work with me a bit on it (at least talk me through your prototypes over the phone). 4. You need to keep the mQ as part of the name on it (duh). I'm not looking for much in the way of compensation....maybe just a valve and a cocker to put it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBobFett View Post
    Sounds fine to me. I have dozens of e-cockers that I could use as testbeds. I also have some cool bosses and coworkers. What can I say? We're into valves and pneumatics. I brought an autococker to work last year to halfblock it and one of the head M.E. got interested in all the exposed mechanicals. He wanted to see more, so I brought in my inception fle mech and a mq2'ed JOLE. We spent an afternoon on tge zdpsb animations and now hes digging it. Now another ME and he are trying to replace the poppet bottom tube with a single spool valve design. They get the mq2... "oh, like a pulse valve, huh!?!" Lol, yeah, we koo.
    I'm in for this. If mike is going to get in. I will donate a cocker to this project.

Prototype valve is complete and will be picking it up on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorgreenpants View Post
    I'm in for this. If mike is going to get in. I will donate a cocker to this project.
    Yeah, have yet to hear from MQ though. Until then its all just a dream. Patent issues are on my mind too, but if the mq3 is a significant improvement, a new utility patent could be filed, even if just defensive.

Otherwise, this spool valve idea for the bottom tube seems like a cool idea.

I will upload shooting Video on my teams facebook page in the next few days.
    Search for "SA Critical" on facebook.
    Last edited by pumzele; 03-15-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Looks great, was wondering what holds the oring on the tip of the delron/plastic sealing bit?

Link to SA Crit facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/SACritic...=page_internal

Wow looks great...