Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MQ Vavle

MQ Vavle

Hello CC people,

Just throwing an idea around...
    Would anyone be interested if I did a redesign of the MQ vavle?
    It wouldn't be the same as a MQ but similar concept, also it would run on a different solenoid setup with less maintenance and easier accessible spares.
    Been toying with the idea for a while now and it would only really be feasible if there were other people interested.
    Also would anyone be interested in a electro kit for the resurection (MQ valve + frame + OLED Board + front solenoid + eyes + eyecovers) and what would you be willing to pay?

Cya
    Instant pro player just add paint!

if you build it, they will come.

Yeah true worst case scenario I have one sick custom valve lol

I just threw my wallet at the screen and nothing happened. Please change that.

I've never had luck with those valves but the way they manipulate physics is pretty brilliant.
    FREE FLOWS & RACEGUNS

-CC

I'd be down for a couple

New MQ would be great. Hate forking out $150-250 for a used part and who knows how long it will last till it needs to be rebuilt again. Easier maintenance would be a huge plus.

As for an electro kit for the Rezzy, you're talking like a $500 upgrade kit if you plan on making a custom board/frame to mount to the body in the stock form. Frames ain't cheap! Loads of custom frames out there for cockers and mags alike but they still are in the $150+ range for most of them. I love the idea of more options with the Rezzy that doesn't drastically change parts to make them work (drilling extra holes in the body or frames to make them fit.) The eye covers would be easy because you could render the stock covers then just add a piece that would run the wire for the eyes down to the frame. Could do it like Race eye covers for BB eyes. I like the concept and would be cool to have a proper electro Rezzy that has purpose parts meant for it. Just think it will be hard to get people on board with the price.

Just guestimating some prices:
    Complete frame (grips, trigger, screws) - $100-200
    OLED board - $50-150
    Eyes and eye covers - $50
    Front noid and cover (E2/NDZ style) - $30-50
    New MQ - $150-250

Just need to meet with my mechanical Engineering friend to do the proper cadding of the parts but the OLED board is plus minus finished but will only fit in the frame I designed it for and not an E1/2.
    I did design an OLED for the E1/2 but the programming is holding it up also it will be more expensive so I put that on hold for now as well.

Count me in for any and all of these ideas. I am all about introducing modern tech to an old favorite. Any way I can help, please let me know.

If it works for a Race board I am in or if you make a way to mount the new board in a Race frame I'm in.