Thread: Converted cocker velocity issue

Converted cocker velocity issue

I dropped a pump kit onto my genx3. It is all ans lower parts. The combo was running just fine in the auto cocker configuration. Problem is when i hold the pump forward it is a lot louder and the velocity is about 25-30 fps less than when I dont hold the pump at all when firing. Is this the farting thing everyone is talking about? I dont have this issue on the old sniper 2 I picked up recently.

Just looking for any advice on this one.

Blowback is pushing the bolt open. Stronger pump handle return spring is needed if you don't want to hold the handle all the time and lose velocity. Yes this is the farting thing that everyone talks about(fart goes away when you let go of the handle, at the expense of fps.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dirt View Post
    Blowback is pushing the bolt open. Stronger pump handle return spring is needed if you don't want to hold the handle all the time and lose velocity. Yes this is the farting thing that everyone talks about(fart goes away when you let go of the handle, at the expense of fps.)
    I get what you are saying but in my case the velocity is higher if I don't hold the pump handle. It was brought to my attention by the chrono reff. He holds the pump forward during testing but when I shoot I let go of the pump. With the pump held forward I was legal but without I was 20-30 over.
    Last edited by SC Thumper; 03-01-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Interesting. First thing that comes to mind is the body hole from the lower tube isn't lined up with the bolt hole for some reason. So when its held forward the bolt is a little too far forward, obstructing the body hole from the valve. Then if you allow the pump handle to blow back, it lines up and gets the full shot of air.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dirt View Post
    Interesting. First thing that comes to mind is the body hole from the lower tube isn't lined up with the bolt hole for some reason. So when its held forward the bolt is a little too far forward, obstructing the body hole from the valve. Then if you allow the pump handle to blow back, it lines up and gets the full shot of air.
    Ill check that. it has the ANS bolt with the venture front. The air hole is non existent since it has that hourglass shape chamber in the bolt allowing it to be put in place in any position. I will check it out though when I tear it apart tonight.