Thread: Need help swapping hinge for slider

Need help swapping hinge for slider

I swapped out a hinge for a slider. Also had a leak in lower chamber that is now fixed. I correctly timed the hammer luge after the repair( it fires in the first bit of pull). When aired up the cocking rod is not being engaged and it's burping. I Swapped the 1st and 3rd hoses and tried moving the 3 way collar front and back. Any ideas on how to get this running again? Would anything else need to be adjusted other than the 3 way by making this swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had that issue before and re-timing the 3 way usually clears it up for me. Also might check your LPR pressure to make sure it's re-cocking the gun with enough force that the hammer is catching on the sear. However, if it worked fine before the frame switch, I would guess that it's just timing of the 3 way.
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

Quote Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
    I've had that issue before and re-timing the 3 way usually clears it up for me. Also might check your LPR pressure to make sure it's re-cocking the gun with enough force that the hammer is catching on the sear. However, if it worked fine before the frame switch, I would guess that it's just timing of the 3 way.
    I haven't messed with the lpr and was fine before. So it just the 3 way then ? I've adjusted it forward and backward with no success. Running out of air too haha.

When you say that "the cocking rod is not being engaged", does that mean that the back block is coming back and pushing on the cocking rod, just not enough to cock the gun?
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

Quote Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
    When you say that "the cocking rod is not being engaged", does that mean that the back block is coming back and pushing on the cocking rod, just not enough to cock the gun?
    It seems to be coming back far enough. When I manually cock the rod back it's the same distance as the block brings it.

Is the hammer lug round or square? It sounds like it is not catching enough of the sear to keep the hammer back. Try adjusting the hammer lug in just a little bit more. Yes, this will make the gun fire slightly later but you can adjust your 3-way timing. Another thought I just had is the sear spring may not be stiff enough in the new frame to push the sear up and catch the hammer in the required amount of time. Compare the force required to push down the sear on the two frames.

I had the same exact problem a while back, and I too did the same thing with the 3-way adjustment. What worked for me was just continually adjusting the 3 way bit by bit until it worked. Make very small adjustments on the 3 way and see if that works. You may want to get more air and just take your time, that's all I did and mine came out great.

Also, what 3-way are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by xWild Billx View Post
    Is the hammer lug round or square? It sounds like it is not catching enough of the sear to keep the hammer back. Try adjusting the hammer lug in just a little bit more. Yes, this will make the gun fire slightly later but you can adjust your 3-way timing. Another thought I just had is the sear spring may not be stiff enough in the new frame to push the sear up and catch the hammer in the required amount of time. Compare the force required to push down the sear on the two frames.
    I don't have the other frame as I traded for this one. Dont think it's the lug because it's catching fine when I cock it back ( round lug). Spring seems fine also

Quote Originally Posted by Tapio88 View Post
    I had the same exact problem a while back, and I too did the same thing with the 3-way adjustment. What worked for me was just continually adjusting the 3 way bit by bit until it worked. Make very small adjustments on the 3 way and see if that works. You may want to get more air and just take your time, that's all I did and mine came out great.

Also, what 3-way are you using?
    What kind of adjustments? 1/4 turns?