Thread: Mini Cocker & Strange Barrels - School Me Please

Mini Cocker & Strange Barrels - School Me Please

I recently acquired box of misc. paintball items. The mini cocker & what appear to be a pair of barrels have me intrigued. Any info on these items would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Obviously, the mini cocker has seen better days & is not 100% original judging by the brass Palmers lpr & ANS 3-way. I'm hoping I can get her cleaned up to where I can actually use her. The hammer & trigger frame are sticky but not frozen. Given the serial number, approx. when was she assembled?

Cocker threaded barrels. Could they be homemade? Both are alum. & measure .689 bore.

Hi,

Both Barrels are original WGP barrels.

The green one is the standard wgp barrel that comes with minicocker
    the second one is the standard wgp barrel that comes with autococker (full length).

You also got the rare mini shroud.

Thanks for the replies. Keep the input coming.

According to this site, the mini was produced around 88-89. If that's correct, I was barely out of high school. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ssslither View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Keep the input coming.

According to this site, the mini was produced around 88-89. If that's correct, I was barely out of high school. lol!
    I believe that site is intended for full sized/bodied autocockers, and not mini cockers. Unfortunately, there is not a serial number dating indexing system for mini cockers. Your gun could have been a sniper III (had a front block added to it), but it came out much later in the 90's.

If I had to guess...........your gun was likely mid 90's (95 or 96) based on the slant milling on the front of the gun (located right after the feedneck), and the old school drilled side body access hole. Early cockers up to 1995, typically had a full block square design. Since your's has that slope, it's at least in the mid 90's.

----------------------------
    (added side note)............you could always remove the valve and see what type of valve spring is in there to help you date it better. It will be either short or long. If short, typically pre 95 to 96. If long, typically 96 and above. Then again, I've had 1997 STO autocockers that had the short spring for the shallow front valve pocket.

By chance, is there a hole drilled on the back of the site rail (hammer lug access hole)?
    Last edited by Mr. Red; 05-18-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Gotcha. Thank you Mr. Red.

I think based on the serial number that gun is pre '90.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaml View Post
    I think based on the serial number that gun is pre '90.
    I'm with mr. red, its a 96 by what i see: green bull barrel, sight rail rounded at front and rear, cut back block, shroud has gills and lapco grips. All were features of the 96 minicocker.