Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pricing gurus, help an old friend?

Smile Pricing gurus, help an old friend?

First let me say It's been along time since I've been active on this excellent site. Some of you may remember my screen name, but a few years ago I purchased my first home and have been doing massive renovations since.
    I just recently came across my stash of parts and although I know the pricing on all the smaller stuff I need help with what's posted below. A few years have gone by and I'm not sure if pricing has gone up or down. I've come to the realization that the likely hood of me using these parts is not high and I've been eyeing up a crf250 to play around on.

Bodies: All have internals.
    J2: Body is mint 9/10 has ccm internals, bolt and pin.
    32* RF: 7/10 normal wear, I remember it having a old belsales valve.
    Nickel PTP sleeper?: 8/10 really nice
    Custom? 2k acid washed with dual detents 7/10 normal wear
    The merlin etched cocker 9/10 as it's always been on this site

Frames:
    Bob long humpback with trigger shoe. Nice 8/10
    dye hinge with sticky 8/10
    wgp 45 with sticky red shoe? 8/10
    CCM 86 slider frame 8/10

Pneumatics:
    ST front block kit. 8/10 has pin size anno blemish on font block and 1 tiny scratch of lpr.
    CCM setup: 6/10 needs polishing and anno, needs new o-rings

Pre 2k ccm a/t kit. Has scratch on one side of frame 8/10

Marker:
    CCM S5 with 86 hinge. 6.5/10 was my main mech has anno marks and light scratching. Needs valve seal and tool marks on lpr not from me
    HB outkast 8/10 UL with 2" tip, ccm lowers, hyper 2, pops asa, ccm A/T kit 45 frame, Delrin bolt and pin. The hammer had a bad mill job, the slot was too long and it JB welded.

I will be posting some of the smaller stuff for free to members as a thank you to this site and it's wealth of knowledge over the years.
    Thank you very much.
    -Derek
    Last edited by cocker addict; 07-16-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: incorrect ID of parts

Going to see a lot of question marks in my response because pricing has been a fickle bitch of a mistress as of late. Both with the renewed interest in autocockers and how much an item is worth vs how much someone is truly willing to pay.
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors out there, especially with the rise of social media, that will either de-value an item because they want it or overstate the value of an item with a price they would never pay for the item themselves.
    So, I apologize in advance but here goes...

Bodies: All have internals.
    J2: Body is mint 9/10 - Hard one to say, don't see the bodies alone a whole lot, $300-$400?
    Freeflow: 7/10- If this is the red body, it is actually a prococker milled by 32*- $100ish
    Nickel PTP sleeper- $150ish?
    Custom? 2k acid washed with dual detents 7/10- I've seen similar bodies milled like this and I think they came from small runs out of a garage somewhere. $150-$200ish?
    The merlin etched cocker 9/10 as it's always been on this site- Really hard to say.

All of the pricing for the bodies would be best further judged by internals and overall condition including threads (and how much people want them).

Frames:
    Bob long humpback with trigger shoe. Nice 8/10- Seen them sold for anywhere from $150-$250 (and people asking far more but I doubt they get the asking price)
    dye hinge with sticky 8/10- Chrome $60-$90
    benchmark 45 with sticky red shoe? 8/10- Unless there is a benchmark stamp on that I do believe it is a WGP slider. If it's WGP $40-$60, if it's a Benchy $80/$90?
    CCM 86 slider frame 8/10- I have seen people ask $500+ for these. I think these people are nutters but I have no idea if they are actually getting receiving that price.
    $200-$300 is where I have seen them realistically priced and sold but I'll let ya run with this info because someone will inevitably flame me I feel lol.

Pneumatics:
    ST front block kit. 8/10 has pin size anno blemish on font block and 1 tiny scratch of lpr- $120-$150
    CCM setup: 6/10 needs polishing and anno, needs new o-rings- hard one because of shape and including the HPR. $150-$200??

Pre 2k ccm a/t kit. Has scratch on one side of frame 8/10- Would be beneficial to split these items as I'm not sure if CCM does pre-2k runs anymore. $200+ all together?

Marker:
    CCM S5 with 86 hinge. 6.5/10 was my main mech has anno marks and light scratching. Needs valve seal and tool marks on lpr not from me- $500-$700?? Full markers are hit or miss these days and depending on who wants what.
    this one being mech with that wonderful 86 won't hurt.
    HB outkast 8/10 UL with 2" tip, ccm lowers, hyper 2, pops asa, ccm A/T kit 45 frame, Delrin bolt and pin. The hammer had a bad mill job, the slot was too long and it JB welded- I can't comment towards the price of this.
    Custom builds on the more mass produced bodies never fetch as much as they truly should.

I'm sorry if I am way off or if I raised more questions than answers. But more people I am sure will chime in if they see my estimate too far off.
    As always it's a buyers market, at the end of the day it would be how long you would want to keep sitting on it or getting it gone.

Cheers and good luck with your sale!

Thank you for your time and insight, I figured I'd take a loss on the outkast because I'm not parting it due to anno. I'm assuming body kits with lackluster internals don't really change in price weather they come with or without internals. Maybe I should pull them apart and verify/possibly sell the stock lowers separate. I'll edit my incorrect IDs, I'm rusty it's been awhile.

Yeah, people won't often take what internals are in a marker into consideration. Probably better off pulling them out and selling them separate.

I think deadly sickness did a great job summing things up for you. Well done, daunting task to put an appraisal on this much nice stuff.

CCM 86 slider frame 8/10- I have seen people ask $500+ for these. I think these people are nutters but I have no idea if they are actually getting receiving that price. At first I though easy 300+ but I have really paid attened to the frame market post niche/inception designs Might take a while

J2: Body is mint 9/10 - Hard one to say, don't see the bodies alone a whole lot, $300-$400? Think 300 is closer to reality unless you have the vasa and frontblock. Also assuming its undrilled

CCM stuff commands a premium price but you have to find a ccm guy might take a while.
    This has been a TEST, This life has been a TEST.
    Had this been an Actual LIFE you would had lived in
    the Mountains, Never worked and SKIED EVERY DAY

Since you only have pictures of the left side of the bodies, it's worth knowing if they're drilled or not. That can make a significant difference in price.
    WTB Planet Eclipse, BPS Express, & Taso Spyders
    skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List

All the bodies are unmolested, drilled bodies aren't my cup of tea. I might have the vasa for the CCM and maybe a ccm front block (thought I bought one from Nuke). The original plan was to turn the J2 into a mech with the 86 as my dream marker, but we don't have any good anno guys in Ontario so here it sits.

You lie good sir! :P I know of a rather good anodizer based in Ajax. He did the anodizing for a lot of Infamous team guns as well as the good Cocker stuff:

Forgive me for the Facebook link:
    https://www.facebook.com/SkinDeepAnodizing/

That came out great. Dont mean to hijack the thread, but by any chance, is that Tonsixer's work? i think he's based out of BC though.