Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF photobucket

Angry WTF photobucket

Not sure if I'm just late to the party but whats this "update your account to enable 3rd party hosting". At first I though it was some net neutrality thing but looks like photobucket want $400/year to post on forums? Been using photobucket for years, guess I need to find a new service....
    Last edited by FearLess_Leader; 07-16-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    This has been a TEST, This life has been a TEST.
    Had this been an Actual LIFE you would had lived in
    the Mountains, Never worked and SKIED EVERY DAY

Photobucket can suck a dick.... I have been using Imgr for a while and have been happy with them. Just have to transfer all my photos from Crapbucket to Imgr. Should read all the hate messages/posts they have been getting on facebook.
    Last edited by evil_racecocker; 07-16-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Extortion much? They should offer a certain number of photos to be hosted for free or for a certain period of time say 90 days. Sucks for people with blogging sites who had paid subscriptions that now have to fork over the additional money or start over.

Capitalism at work. People will vote with their wallets. We will see if they change their tune as people flee them in droves.
    I'm wondering why they decided to do this. It was obviously a calculated risk. They knew they'd lose customers and have a lot of backlash. I wonder what they saw that made it worth it to them.
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

The market is handling them. Everywhere you look people are pissed. If they don't come up with something soon, they won't recover. Imgur stock is probably going through the roof right now.
    How can you make sure you never miss your target? Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call it the target.

All the pop up adds they put on their website last year, on top of all the regular adds made their website so slow. I made the move to Imgur then. I don't see how they are going to recover from this, they have made A LOT of people mad. Read some of their comments on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/photobucket/

I'm in the exact same boat. I used my eclipse electro cocker thread as evidence is why I've always used them. I just went to reference probably my only worthwhile piece of cocker data and it was gone. The text means nothing without the photos. This just happened 2 days ago. I was and still am pissed. I sent an email and received a response that my email has been forwarded to another department. I'm not holding my breath and am now actively searching a new host.

ALL of my stuff is GONE!!!!

Looks like I get grandfathered in until December 31, 2018 as I have had the "Plus 20" plan for years. After that, I am screwed like everyone else. I bet this will change before my deadline arrives, as asking $400 a year just to get 3rd party image hosting is absurd. The market will force them to correct.

Test image:

I got locked out of my older account because it went over the bandwidth limit. I can't access it to retrieve pictures, or even view it without upgrading.