Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stolen Package. What do I do?

I've had a couple of markers returned to me bc of BS like that. I had a PTExtreme that I sold that was a complete POS in terms of marker design, but worked great and was in really good conditioned. I emptied 2 12 grams in it directly before boxing it, and had hardly used it over 10 years. It worked as well as those cheap bastards could. Shipped it out to a guy, and 3 weeks later I get a message from him that he wants his money back. I asked why, as anyone would do. His response was that he took it to the field, took it apart, handed it to a tech, and that 'it didn't have all of it's pieces to work.' Lord knows what the heck happened to that marker, but I stood my ground with that one and won that paypal case after sending that exchange over to them. I mean he took it apart and lost pieces, then had the nerve to ask for a full refund. Got pissy too. I also had a clear case of buyer's remorse on a S5. It leaked when aired up, but pull the trigger 2 or 3 times and it completely sealed and you were good to go. I've had several cockers that did that exact thing. I even put it in description. Guy gets it, I get a ping later that saying it was leaking. Asked if he pulled the trigger at all, and he said that he did. Fought it, but had to eventually take it back for a refund. Got it back, aired it up, small leak, pulled trigger...sealed right up exactly as described. That guy can EAD. Wasted two weeks of my time because of BS buyers remorse. Only silver lining was putting it right back up and selling it again in under 12 hours.

I mean, in a free society we obviously have the legal framework, but we also have a "code of conduct" if you will, the very conduct by which society functions on a daily basis. But as society becomes more and more demoralized, we start to see this exceedingly growing sociopath behavior, this moral depravity or moral insanity, in that some seem to possess no sense of ethics or of the rights of other people. You can chalk it up to the education (or lackthereof) of people, and/or the manipulation of people by various means (ie mass media and pop culture) or what have you, but at the end of the day, it is the person's responsibility to be a citizen, to be a person and not an animal ruled by the "law of the jungle."

So let me chime in here I'm the buyer. I had three package stolen on the same day. This angel LCD, a FreeFlow boxer and a set of dye volumizers for that angel. Brandon is working with me, the other seller isn't doing shit. Basically I have to eat it because he didn't buy extra insurance on a 650 dollar gun. What should I do. File a PP claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimatrix View Post
    I mean, in a free society we obviously have the legal framework, but we also have a "code of conduct" if you will, the very conduct by which society functions on a daily basis. But as society becomes more and more demoralized, we start to see this exceedingly growing sociopath behavior, this moral depravity or moral insanity, in that some seem to possess no sense of ethics or of the rights of other people. You can chalk it up to the education (or lackthereof) of people, and/or the manipulation of people by various means (ie mass media and pop culture) or what have you, but at the end of the day, it is the person's responsibility to be a citizen, to be a person and not an animal ruled by the "law of the jungle."
    Prpbably only here and M*B could a conversation turn so existential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    If it is not broke, fix it until it is.

MCB Feedback
    PbNation

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinSS934 View Post
    So let me chime in here I'm the buyer. I had three package stolen on the same day. This angel LCD, a FreeFlow boxer and a set of dye volumizers for that angel. Brandon is working with me, the other seller isn't doing shit. Basically I have to eat it because he didn't buy extra insurance on a 650 dollar gun. What should I do. File a PP claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I can't say I've ever been in this situation before, personally, of having a package stolen off my driveway or porch. I've had packages left in my driveway by UPS but never USPS. They just don't do that in my area even if the package has no Signature Confirmation. But I understand USPS as an agency operates differently in different areas. That being said, you could let PayPal mediate it, cause they can look into it better than anyone. After all, they have the buying/selling record of both parties which can be a determining factor in situations like these. And that POV is important for the protection of both, the buyer and the seller. Also, for future reference, you could let your postman know that you do not want any packages left in your porch when you're not home, that you would rather pick them up at the PO instead. And also, make sure that the sender is insuring your package, especially if you know that packages are being left unattended.

But let this be a learning lesson for all, INSURE YOUR PACKAGES AND ADD SC. Cause 1: Legit theft. And 2: Potential fraud.
    Last edited by Lokimatrix; 08-12-2017 at 05:56 PM.