Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt pins!? interest thread

Quote Originally Posted by epademiq76 View Post
    I like the low profile head, would be cool to have an
    Engraving of some sort on the face of the pin head... Also glad to test lol
    That just gave me an idea. thanks. A part of me would want a future logo there, but another part of me feels like only if i can make it as subtle as possible so you only see it if you're looking for it. PM'd btw

(((Updates)))
    The storefront is up now. Check it out!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MR...cocker-boltpin

Sorry for delay in feedback but fits good in a couple different back block and bolt combos. Head of the bolt pin was very rough and grainy though, would definitely want that smoothed out. I'd love to see a half block version as well since that would need to be string enough for the hammer interface.

Sorry it took so long, but after trying it in a few setups it has me scratching my head a bit, but I think it's great...

WGP delrin pins fit very tight in one of my shocktech bolts, this pin fits a tad loose making removal easy although I do think it's tight enough to hold, it may pop out in rough play...

In a stock wgp bolt the stock delrin pin fits nicely but for some reason this pin was tight enough it had to be "encouraged" through the bolt, that's what I wasn't sure of...

But all in all it fit well in a variety of bolt/back block combos, I agree with wholemealdrop about the head needing to be cleaned up but I'm guessing it's only like that for the prototype.

After playing with it vs just test fitting I think it is a little small when within the bolt. I had to adjust all my bolt pin retainers to be pushing stronger against the pin to keep it in place. Tried on 2 different setup combos and under rapid fire the pin would eventually start to work its way out. Never had it come out completely but until I tightened the bolt pin retainer they would move about as I shot. But then to swap back to a regular stock pin I had to back the retainers back out to not have to force the pins in.

I tried mine in 2 different setups and it worked great. There's enough of a gap that the pin is easy to pull out. As previous posters mentioned, finish is a little rough, but I believe the OP said that he was planning on cleaning that up, as these are just prototypes.
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

Got a purple one, and it came out really nicely! I ran it with the reflex around 1500 shots, and got no movement. I like it!

Last edited by cfos00; 10-15-2017 at 12:03 AM.