Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre2k sleeper build

So it has been a little while & I have made some progress with this project. The feed neck has been turned down so I can install a new style hopper clamp. I still need to cut the vertical slits thou. I have also picked up an 16" bull barrel. I have reamed it out to take the long Freak barrel inserts. Still a long ways to go !!
    Last edited by Oakrodent; 04-28-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Here are some of the updated pics of the build

Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks, I do all my machining when I get a chance. unfortunately I need to rebuild the table on my mill before I do any in depth milling on the trigger housing. Even a 60 yr old mill needs some love.

So this project is moving along a little at a time. Need to have it finished by this spring.
    I need some input.. I want to move my HPR to the inside of my fake CO2 bottle on the stock. I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. Has anyone here remote mounted a HPR?

Made some more progress. I went with an EGO Star trigger frame. I have it finished and the stock fitted to the trigger pack. Next step is to move the solenoid bock on the front so the barrel shroud will fit.

Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Have been making more slow progress.

I have machined down the trigger and installed a dbl trigger shoe

Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:56 PM.

I have also finished the front pneumatic block. I had to move the electric manifold up and in to hide it under the front pneumatic cover. I had to plug the original location and mill in a new one. The manifold will no longer screw into the front block, it will be held in with set-screws. The manifold had to be cut to allow the wire to still feed threw the original hole in the back of the front block and a relief cut for the banjo bolt/maximize. Everything fits nice and tight now.

Not being able to find a wood grip that looks old school that will fit on the EGO frame, I decided to make one myself. I have never done this before and as a general rule of thumb, I hate working with wood. I had a nice piece of laminate block stock laying around that I cut a chunk off of to make this. I think it turned out ok and feel comfortable in my hand. So the trigger housing is 100% finished. I have made some other progress but will post some pics once those steps are further along. I also resized all the pics in this thread so hopefully they are a little smaller.