Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Pre2k sleeper build

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    So it has been a little while & I have made some progress with this project. The feed neck has been turned down so I can install a new style hopper clamp. I still need to cut the vertical slits thou. I have also picked up an 16" bull barrel. I have reamed it out to take the long Freak barrel inserts. Still a long ways to go !!
    Last edited by Oakrodent; 04-28-2018 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    Here are some of the updated pics of the build





    Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    3,587

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    Thanks, I do all my machining when I get a chance. unfortunately I need to rebuild the table on my mill before I do any in depth milling on the trigger housing. Even a 60 yr old mill needs some love.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    So this project is moving along a little at a time. Need to have it finished by this spring.
    I need some input.. I want to move my HPR to the inside of my fake CO2 bottle on the stock. I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. Has anyone here remote mounted a HPR?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    Made some more progress. I went with an EGO Star trigger frame. I have it finished and the stock fitted to the trigger pack. Next step is to move the solenoid bock on the front so the barrel shroud will fit.



    Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:55 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    Have been making more slow progress.

    I have machined down the trigger and installed a dbl trigger shoe

    Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:56 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    I have also finished the front pneumatic block. I had to move the electric manifold up and in to hide it under the front pneumatic cover. I had to plug the original location and mill in a new one. The manifold will no longer screw into the front block, it will be held in with set-screws. The manifold had to be cut to allow the wire to still feed threw the original hole in the back of the front block and a relief cut for the banjo bolt/maximize. Everything fits nice and tight now.







    Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:56 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    Not being able to find a wood grip that looks old school that will fit on the EGO frame, I decided to make one myself. I have never done this before and as a general rule of thumb, I hate working with wood. I had a nice piece of laminate block stock laying around that I cut a chunk off of to make this. I think it turned out ok and feel comfortable in my hand. So the trigger housing is 100% finished. I have made some other progress but will post some pics once those steps are further along. I also resized all the pics in this thread so hopefully they are a little smaller.







    Last edited by Oakrodent; 07-26-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •