Thread: Dump Valve for 11/16 Bodies

Dump Valve for 11/16 Bodies

Hello all.

I am slowly working on a project and have been trying to find a valve for it. My Google-fu turned up the Alien Morph Valve as a possible candidate, so I bought one and I'm not 100% sure whether or not it will fit the bill.

What I am looking for is a valve that closes off its input when the hammer strikes and opens its output, allowing for some pneumatic 'logic' circuits on the front block. I think what I'm trying to do is called a FASOR, unless I can find a four way that toggles as a pilot valve.

Does this exist and I'm just not finding it, or am I chasing a pipe dream here?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kapyrna View Post
    Hello all.

I am slowly working on a project and have been trying to find a valve for it. My Google-fu turned up the Alien Morph Valve as a possible candidate, so I bought one and I'm not 100% sure whether or not it will fit the bill.

What I am looking for is a valve that closes off its input when the hammer strikes and opens its output, allowing for some pneumatic 'logic' circuits on the front block. I think what I'm trying to do is called a FASOR, unless I can find a four way that toggles as a pilot valve.

Does this exist and I'm just not finding it, or am I chasing a pipe dream here?

Thanks!
    A fasor is forward air spring operated return. So thats not what your looking for. I think u may be looking for a valve with a hall effect. Idk if if you shpuld even shut off input given the limited volume in front of the valve. Maybe a merlin spec may be able to
    Last edited by Vitalsilence; 10-12-2017 at 06:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    If it is not broke, fix it until it is.

MCB Feedback
    PbNation

My goal, if this makes sense:

• Hammer is cocked back, bolt is forward, valve's input is open and output is closed
    • Trigger is pulled and releases the hammer
    • Hammer strikes valve pin, and closes input and opens output up into the bolt
    • Valve dumps pressure up and out the danger-end of the bolt
    • Valve is now 'empty', and no longer provides pressure to a pilot valve that takes the place of the timing rod and three-way
    • Pilot valve toggles the ram's feed to do the pumping action rearward to recock the hammer
    • Hammer lets off the valve, opening the input and closing the output
    • Valve repressurises, reapplying pressure to the pilot valve for the ram
    • Pilot valve toggles the ram 'forward' to put the bolt forward again
    • Marker is ready to fire, repeat as necessary

Ram could be either sprung rearward or pressurised rearward via the pilot valve, but I figure it wouldn't be good to directly use the core pressure to keep the bolt forward. I do foresee that the valve volume could pose issues as there is limited space in standard lower tubes.

sounds like an interesting idea if I'm understanding it correctly. I wonder if you could do it with a custom cup seal that had a rod that extends past the valve spring and when open seals off the air input from the reg. you'd need a small tube inserted into the back of the valve chamber to keep the spring out of the way but it might work, you just need to come up with a way to increase the air volume like Vitalsilence said.

Simon's forums (Inception Designs). Would be a great place to ask that question. Lots of knowledge base over there on pnumatic design:

https://inceptionforums.com/

Sounds close to a shoebox shocker except for the single valve/pilot assy.:
    Last edited by timekeepes; 12-06-2017 at 11:23 PM.